MIXING TIME, SONG2: DI and Midi inside.

its SD2 with Metal Foundry Expansion

i hope the X50 will work better with my DI's than the x30^^ somehow they dont like eachother, or my DI quality is fucked up...
or the impendance isnt high enough which dont hope anyway
no doubt that the X50 will kick ass :D

Are your strings thick? You need to put new strings when you record, well at least the bigger projects :p

Mine doesn't sound so good eigther but I blame it on 2 year old strings :p

Are your strings thick? You need to put new strings when you record, well at least the bigger projects :p

Mine doesn't sound so good eigther but I blame it on 2 year old strings :p

yes they are thick enough: .11 - .48 for standard tuning, 1/2 step down (D# flat)
anyway now its too late, all rhythms are recordet for the album and im gonna stick with the recordet Tonelab sound.

....i just hope i didn't forget to switch the input on my saffire to instr ^^

Shit I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Might throw my new amp in the mix.

I think those guitars sound killer. I like that tone a lot. I wouldn't change shit, and i think it fits the song well. Defo not too middy for me. The rest of the mix sounds quite good also.

EDIT : maybe the overheads are a tad too loud, and guitars a tad too loud in the mix, otherwise it's perfect and killer sounding IMO. One of the best mixes on this thread.

maybe the overheads are a tad too loud, and guitars a tad too loud in the mix, otherwise it's perfect and killer sounding IMO. One of the best mixes on this thread.

*Merci mec, ça fait plaisir de lire ça temps en temps même si ça reste très subjectif...*

So here's my final attempt, with some tweaks. Slightly less cymbals, slightly quieter guitars. I added some ambience on toms and snare drum. I also added the missing right china.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973685/Burny-final.mp3

*Merci mec, ça fait plaisir de lire ça temps en temps même si ça reste très subjectif...*

So here's my final attempt, with some tweaks. Slightly less cymbals, slightly quieter guitars. I added some ambience on toms and snare drum. I also added the missing right china.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973685/Burny-final.mp3

Awesome, now make two minimum-q cuts at 640hz and 1200hz (3-4db) on the guitars and it's perfect.

Awesome, now make two minimum-q cuts at 640hz and 1200hz (3-4db) on the guitars and it's perfect.
But that's where the marshall tone is...:lol:
I'll try later but if ever hear this track again in the next 48 hours, I'm going to kill someone.:p

But that's where the marshall tone is...:lol:
I'll try later but if ever hear this track again in the next 48 hours, I'm going to kill someone.:p

That may be, but incidentally it's where a nasty characteristic of the cab's acoustics shows itself. Just my 2 cents, though, it sounds :kickass: as it is.

Anyway.... Ola, can I put this mix on my studio page?

Sure you do that, but I'm starting to get more unsure about people putting it up on their studio page. I share this song mostly for educational purpose and just for the fun of it, and I don't really see that it would fit on as a reference on a Studio webpage for their own profit.

Hope you get what I'm saying. I'm liking the idea that people sitting without a studio or even a band to record get the chance and oppurtunity to mix something from scratch.