Moonspell.....

insidethefall said:
I was excited for this new release where they were supposed to recapture that sound, but imo, weak songs - its heavy and maybe the most agressive moonspell's ever attempted to be but it just fails.
I agree, it's not that good, it's OK though..

I also certainly agree that Wolfheart is their best, also much better than Irreligious, which has a couple of excellent songs, but also quite a large percentage of fillers.

I want to know what happened to Fernando's skull staff, I didn't notice it or see it this tour like when they toured with Opeth.

hell yeah! memorial sounded a lot like daemonarch!!! but i love moonspell, its one of the bands that got me into european metal... screaming to full moon madness at the front of the crowd is one of the greatest experiences on a live show

I really like Moonspell a lot, saw them open for Opeth back in 2003, can't wait to see them again, but what I really am anticipating is seeing the mighty Katatonia for the first time .

moonspell great albums (irreligious-wolfheart-anno satane-darkness and hope-antidote)

moonspell is a spell of music...they know what they are playing...you will never find a band with a unique attitiude and music as moonspell

for me i prefer moonspell than katatonia....though i like them both

Tumn said:
I want to know what happened to Fernando's skull staff, I didn't notice it or see it this tour like when they toured with Opeth.

:lol: :lol: Do you mean "death stick" ?? hahah that thing was hilarious when I saw Moonspell opening for Opeth... I think he bought that skull thing in Istanbul, from Grand Bazaar :p

I'm so glad the skull staff is gone! Some people just didn't take the band seriously when I saw them just because of that thing.

more of fernandos words.....
Nothing could have prepared us for the next day in Mokena, in the suburbs of the great Chicago city, that I failed to visit once again but goes by greatly missed. Our old and dear friend Mark Creevy makes an appearance and again he is a token of good luck to us. I call him, in between us, the good American as he does possesses all qualities we have learnt and heard of about Americans (but that, sometimes, do not live up to the truth, to our great despair). He is cultivated, well spoken and greatly generous and welcoming. Pearl Room is a great venue that allows us full production again and it is packed with people, willing to participate on an experience. And so we all go down on it and make it happen, creating after NY the best show on this tour pretty much for all bands with space to spread their (dark) wings and fly. The surprises amount with a pre-party Halloween party downstairs where you get to, in few square meters, to travel from stormtroopers company to a tribute concert to Kiss (a national and legit obsession here) by a band named Kings. Pictures taken, screams screamed, poses posed, we head into the grey horizons of Minnesota through a storyless day off of TA (service station) showers, pancakes, laundry (my legit obsession).

and a pic of the occasion....
DSCF6584.jpg

moonspell apparently won the mtv euro award for best portugese act, competing with some hip hop and pop bands last week. they seem to get little attention in the us however, judging from the attendance at these shows.