More Katatonia/Coldplay

I like a few songs from em but id prefer if there sound was a bit more agressive. I think the music sounds over-sensetive which is something that does not appeal to me.
oh, and to the people insulting metal heads who hate coldplay, its just as annoying when people are trying to sound "mature" and distance themselves from the metal head stereotype by saying they like softer bands and have such a wide taste in music.
Personally, I couldnt give a shit if you listen to coldplay or madonna for that matter, its a katatonia forum, talk about your fabulous music tastes somewhere else

jptk said:
I like a few songs from em but id prefer if there sound was a bit more agressive. I think the music sounds over-sensetive which is something that does not appeal to me.
oh, and to the people insulting metal heads who hate coldplay, its just as annoying when people are trying to sound "mature" and distance themselves from the metal head stereotype by saying they like softer bands and have such a wide taste in music.
Personally, I couldnt give a shit if you listen to coldplay or madonna for that matter, its a katatonia forum, talk about your fabulous music tastes somewhere else

i think it was directed to me, but not totally, because i didn't insult any ''metalheads''.

what exactly are you talkin' about? are you trying to be cocky/cool or what?
just because i write about some ''fabulous'' bands that i like it means i'm trying to sound mature? don't be stupid...don't judge people like that.
i thought this forum was a place where we all should be allowed to talk about the bands that we like, and share information and recommend cool music to each other, i think you are really in a bad mood/drunk to say silly shit like that...no wait, lets talk about how fast jonas hair grows, because it is really fucking important and it is katatonia related!! wow!!
overused terms like ''sell-out'' or ''not metal enough'' are more annoying than talking about some bands.

i really hate pretensious people that tries to sound mature. You seem to fit that category better.
well, just because it pisses you off here's more bands that i like:
judas priest, led zeppelin, death, meshuggah, at the gates, jay munly and the lee lewis harlots..

*raises middle finger*

i aint play this said:
i think it was directed to me, but not totally, because i didn't insult any ''metalheads''.

what exactly are you talkin' about? are you trying to be cocky/cool or what?
just because i write about some ''fabulous'' bands that i like it means i'm trying to sound mature? don't be stupid...don't judge people like that.
i thought this forum was a place where we all should be allowed to talk about the bands that we like, and share information and recommend cool music to each other, i think you are really in a bad mood/drunk to say silly shit like that...no wait, lets talk about how fast jonas hair grows, because it is really fucking important and it is katatonia related!! wow!!
overused terms like ''sell-out'' or ''not metal enough'' are more annoying than talking about some bands.

i really hate pretensious people that tries to sound mature. You seem to fit that category better.
well, just because it pisses you off here's more bands that i like:
judas priest, led zeppelin, death, meshuggah, at the gates, jay munly and the lee lewis harlots..

*raises middle finger*

Well, It wasnt directed at you origionally. And I dont remember talking about jonas's hair? How exactly am i pretensious? and trying to sound mature? Trying to be cool/cocky?
Before you make a thread trying to insult me I think you better come up with some accurate information.
And you can shove your middle finger up your ass

I definitely think that Parachutes and A Rush of Blood were better than X & Y... though I absolutely love Fix You and Speed of Sound. Other than that... meh. Yellow, Trouble, and Clocks all the way.

No you were NOT trying to be cocky here...and pretensious and arrogant as fuck, like you own the entire fucking board and tells people, with a sarcastic ''fabulous'' tone what they should or not discuss about, isn't that pretensious?? and...did i say YOU talked about jonas hair? it was a joke...it means that, from what you said, it seems that any katatonia-related stuff is more important that anything else in this board, like discussing music, most of the times, it IS, but not all the time, so i thought that if i talked about jonas hair you wouldn't complain that much, since it is katatonia-related

i aint play this said:
No you were NOT trying to be cocky here...and pretensious and arrogant as fuck, like you own the entire fucking board and tells people, with a sarcastic ''fabulous'' tone what they should or not discuss about, isn't that pretensious?? and...did i say YOU talked about jonas hair? it was a joke...it means that, from what you said, it seems that any katatonia-related stuff is more important that anything else in this board, like discussing music, most of the times, it IS, but not all the time, so i thought that if i talked about jonas hair you wouldn't complain that much, since it is katatonia-related

The point of my post, which you clearly missed, was to show my dislikeing of people using music or bands to show that they are better than the average
"metal minded dork". In someones earlier post

"Coldplay is bloody fantastic stuff. However, I'm not surprised to see metalminded dorks go apeshit and claim the opposit. Seriously, a good start in broadering your taste would be too check yer idols playlists, like Blakkheims, Renkses, the other Tonia guys or Mike Åkerfeldts. You'll get to know some interesting stuff and some of those sources helping Katatonia to be more than just another metalband"

And your saying im pretentious? I think coldplay are pretty shit and from this post it makes me a metalminded dork?
There is nothing cocky about my post, its a reaction to posts like this one.
If I were going around insulting metal fans for not likeing softer bands and thinking im great with my wide musical tastes, that would be cocky and pretentious.
And no I dont think I own the entire fucking board.

Deliverance6 said:
holy shit.....Im thie king here.....and noone says anything that I dont want discussed.....end of story....all you should be discussing here is anything we can find to argue about....

haha

eh...? Is that a stab at someone?

well when it comes to coldplay, I am not very much into this band...my husband is a fan, so I honestly have enough of coldplay....I find them boring, especially if you listen to the whole albums...
I also listen to some non-metal stuff, but coldplay are definitely not my case, I think they are a bit overestimated...
And I cant discover any similarities to Kata except for a certain melancholic atmosphere perhaps....

well i listened to coldplay when they were kinda new. i liked one or two songs.
got totally sick of them after i listened to radiohead 's "kid a".

there are better bands out there then coldplay in this genre (codeine as an example imho). and i couldnt see any resemblance between them and katatonia at all. the feeling is totally different.

Ok, so for me this is what it comes down to, regarding coldplay:
Positive: Occasional good songwriting moments, good overal atmosphere, good basslines.
Negative: Too much repeatation of not-so-good parts on some songs, Predictable approach in terms of song structure, Annoyingly oversensative and (if I may use that word to describe it)gay vocals.
And yes, their 1st two albums were stronger.

I really don't see any resemblance between them and Katatonia (They're both obviously Depressive-Rockish sounding, but that doesn't mean they're similar!)

Parachutes was great 'Spies' is an incredible song, the new stuff is boring commercial crap with only a few listenable parts. Katatonia is lengths ahead in songwriting and performance.

Guess this topic has uncovered a rift between Katatonia metalheads and Katatonia rock fans....personally, I used to be one of those metal fans who shit on everything un-"metal"...but as I've aged I have become more open-minded about music. While Coldplay isn't exactly my cup of tea, I can understand why some people like them so much. Very talented band, but not in any way related to Katatonia, musically or lyrically,

Keltoi said:
Guess this topic has uncovered a rift between Katatonia metalheads and Katatonia rock fans....

Did you even read the last page?? It's not cos someone dislikes Coldplay that this person is a narrow minded metalhead! You are the narrow minded one if you think like that.