More soccer/football

Well when you consider the size of US, how many 4th tier teams would be able to make a trip from west coast to the east coast for multiple games? lol The players don't even get paid.

I really can't wait for tonight, crowd's gonna be insane if last week was 1100.

And Chelsea were horrible today against Brighton. Very disappointing

Here we go, boys and girls - the European regular season is upon us.

This weekend, we have Round 1 in the English Premiership and Spain's La Liga, while Italy and Germany have the first round of their national cup competitions.

Note that Spain, Italy, and France's Ligue 1 are being shown on a brand-new channel in the USA called BeIn Sport. They carry all La Liga matches this weekend (which are staggered to start 2 hours apart, 3 matches on Sat, 3 on Sun, 3 on Mon), including the Real Madrid (v. Valencia) and Barcelona (v. Real Sociedad) home openers back-to-back on Sunday.

Fox Soccer, with ESPN helping out, have wall-to-wall EPL as usual.

Enjoy - I know I will.

I always watch the champions league final, but cannot get into league play. The same teams are good every year and it gets boring (ahem :Eurpoean soccer needs salary caps: ahem). Bring on the NFL and NHL (hopefully).

West Brom owned Liverpool today. Looks like Lukaku (spell) made the right move :eek:

Frankly, all I think this shows is how poor Liverpool are. Lukaku looked like a B-team player in a Chelsea uniform, and for him to show so well indicates considerable weakness in the opponent as much as his improvement.

Everton looked very solid - I think we will see the blue shirts come out on top of the Reds again this season.

I always watch the champions league final, but cannot get into league play. The same teams are good every year and it gets boring (ahem :Eurpoean soccer needs salary caps: ahem). Bring on the NFL and NHL (hopefully).

Sure, let's Americanize soccer leagues around the world, after all it's such an American past time... :lol:

Salary caps? No thank you. Soccer is what it is and it shouldn't be changed. :)

So far Lucas was the biggest transfer in terms of transfer fee. He might turn out to be a bigger star than Neymar. One of the most explosive players I have ever seen. I am not a Man U fan but I would have rather watch him there than PSG. I think Mano by not giving Lucas enough playing time, cost Brazil gold medal.

So far Lucas was the biggest transfer in terms of transfer fee. He might turn out to be a bigger star than Neymar. One of the most explosive players I have ever seen. I am not a Man U fan but I would have rather watch him there than PSG. I think Mano by not giving Lucas enough playing time, cost Brazil gold medal.

This. You've nailed it perfectly.

Clint Dempsey, who is from my neck of the woods, went to Tottenham. Bout to sit and watch a few.

West Ham won 3-0!?

Chelsea 4-2 over Reading.

I hate to say it, but Chelsea is for real this year. Not that they haven't been....but damn they look good. Hazard and Torres will be monsters this season.

I hate to say it, but Chelsea is for real this year. Not that they haven't been....but damn they look good. Hazard and Torres will be monsters this season.

Yeah.. Until they hopefully face my Corinthians at the final of the Club World Cup... Then we'll see!!! :lol: (trash talk strts early haha)

Clint Dempsey, who is from my neck of the woods, went to Tottenham. Bout to sit and watch a few.

West Ham won 3-0!?

Chelsea 4-2 over Reading.

For real like in their Super Cup Final against Atletico Madrid? The Blues were COMPLETELY outclassed. If that is your definition of "real", I'd hate to se if you considered them frauds. :lol:

The Tap on Peachtree claims to be a soccer pub at worldsoccerbars.com. Maybe they'll be open early enough to watch the game?

There's a possibility, but I'm kind of used to being dead to the point where I'd rather just watch a taping when I get home. I remember choosing to go back to bed to get an extra 2 hours of sleep as opposed to finding a stream or something last year.