More soccer/football

Congrats to Milton and his Corinthians on winning the 2012 Copa Libertadores, the America's version of the Champions League. These kind of huge wins don't happen very often, and must be savoured - enjoy!

If we don't see him around today, I think we can guess that he is avoiding posting to prevent us from seeing in print just how hung-over he really is! :D

Forgot to record the game cause I basically slept all day in preparation for last nights fireworks show.. which turned out to be very cool in front of a nice 1k-2k sized crowd i'd imagine.... and lets just say that its been a very active week for a guy who's not used to going out for fun. But yeah,well done i suppose.

Congrats to Milton and his Corinthians on winning the 2012 Copa Libertadores, the America's version of the Champions League. These kind of huge wins don't happen very often, and must be savoured - enjoy!

If we don't see him around today, I think we can guess that he is avoiding posting to prevent us from seeing in print just how hung-over he really is! :D

alessandro-corinthians_efe1024.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kko5lz4mRoc&feature=related[/ame]

http://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/newsid=1660210/index.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news

Against Everything and Everyone! VAI CORINTHIANS!!!!!!!

Milton -

I had a chance to watch the Corinthians mid-week round 10 match against Flamengo last night, which I had recorded on Wednesday - and I was finally able to see why your team won both of those titles last season. A complete game - great goal-keeping, well-organized defending, creative midfield play, and outstanding finishing. It didn't hurt that Flamengo played defense like 6-year-olds, but still - nice performance.

In local club news, Carolina Dynamo have won the south eastern division title and are in & hosting the Eastern Conference playoffs in the Premier Development league. The first game is Ottawa Fury vs Ocean City Nor’easters (NJ) at 4pm and the second game is Carolina Dynamo vs Reading United (PA) at 7pm which means working at the stadium from 1:30 to 10:00. Gonna be a long night.. I'm just happy the Chelsea vs PSG game is on Sunday night.

Apollo, this league is one of the minor leagues, right? If I'm not wrong, it's like the 4th one down from the MLS?

Mmhm sounds about right

MSL top
North American Soccer League 2nd tier
United Soccer League 3rd tier

its like a 4th tier but we're really part of the USL league
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_soccer_league_system

Whats kind of cool is that we have the Lamar Open Cup, i believe its called, as well where its like the equivalent of the FA Cup in England & etc. So while we may not have promotion, we can still have potential to play teams in higher tiers. We played a USL pro team (Charlotte) last year I think and then this year they played a MLS team I think and won and then lost against another MLS team.

Pretty sweet working/volunteering there and getting to see people with different team jerseys on is cool. Met some very pretty newcastle girls the other day and this one pretty girl with a boca juniors shirt on :D

Total epic win tonight!! Carolina Dynamo win on pks 10-8. We had it 1-0 up til the 88th minute after some sort of mess in the box and then we had multiple chances in overtime. Away team keeper kept wasting time on multiple occasions and ref wasn't calling anything/making odd calls. During pks we missed the first two and then somehow came back and then it went to keepers when ours stopped the away keeper winning the game for us. Playing the final of the Eastern Conference Playoffs tomorrow night against the Ottawa Fury who won 1-0 against Ocean City. Fun as hell weekend :D

Total epic win tonight!! Carolina Dynamo win on pks 10-8. We had it 1-0 up til the 88th minute after some sort of mess in the box and then we had multiple chances in overtime. Away team keeper kept wasting time on multiple occasions and ref wasn't calling anything/making odd calls. During pks we missed the first two and then somehow came back and then it went to keepers when ours stopped the away keeper winning the game for us. Playing the final of the Eastern Conference Playoffs tomorrow night against the Ottawa Fury who won 1-0 against Ocean City. Fun as hell weekend :D

And that is why it's the greatest sport in the world - an nothing beats seeing a game in person.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that they were down a man and thats why the keeper was wasting time and the crowd was booing the crap out of him lol. There was also a moment during pks when the other teams kicker went off his line/mark or whatever and our keeper shouted "HE WENT OFF THE LINE REF!" so that every one could hear and the main ref and side liner talked to each other and made him forfeit his chance.

And btw

WE'RE EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS!! Beat Ottawa Fury 1-0 on the 90th minute.. it was a much better game with its own intensity.. ottawa also went down a man. We're playing the Southern champs Orlando in the first nationals this Saturday and luckily at our stadium :D Its Eastern division vs Southern and then Western Conference vs Central Conference then the winners of those two.

29921_ori_macpherson_stadium.jpg

this location is also home to 16 other football fields too :D Parking can be a bitch sometimes lol