More soccer/football

^^^ Spain absolutely outclassed Ireland. It will be a minor miracle if Italy does not get three points in the next match. Balotelli really needs to get his confidence back.

Balotelli needs to sit on the bench. He just isn't worth the aggravation. I really like di Natale, and if both he and Giovinco are on the pitch, most defenses are left running after their fast-receding short legs.

They were a bit more offensive during the world cup two world cups ago. In my opinion, anyway. They seem a bit sluggish, right now.

Italy has massive talent offensively but that's not how they play, nor are they known for offensive football. Never have been, except 82 and even then, only after the initial group stages (they qualified with 3 draws, lol) and thanks to Paolo Rossi. Look at 94. They shouldn't have even qualified to the Knockout round, yet they made it to the final...How? Playing how Italy plays. Get a goal, lockdown defense and hold onto the score...

The only game where they were actually offensive during that World Cup was against Ukraine. They relied solely on counter attacks and defensive lockdowns against Germany. That was the only thing they could do to keep the lead. They lucked out against Australia, and to an extent, against France too (because Zidane is a clown). They scored 12 goals in the entire cup. 4 goals scored by defenders. 5 goals scored by subs. How can you call that offensive?

I am not trying to pick on you, but that was one of the least offensive teams to ever win a World Cup.

Balotelli needs to sit on the bench. He just isn't worth the aggravation. I really like di Natale, and if both he and Giovinco are on the pitch, most defenses are left running after their fast-receding short legs.
And Mancini needs to stop mollycoddling him at Man City. He has done as much damage as that other head case Tevez. At least Tevez had the good sense to stay away from the club for a spell, even if it was AWOL. Balotelli is a prodigy, that I will give him. But, unless Mancini cracks the whip, whether it is by benching, the reserve team, or even sent out to loan to an outfit like Luton Town in order to show Balotelli how good he has it at Man City, Balotelli will wind up a huge head case as well as a bigger bust.

Hey concertmusic,

Guess who's in the final of Libertadores after sending the almighty Santos home!??! :p ;)

Congrats! That is a big deal - now you have to bring home the trophy! If you do, it will more than make up for the poor start to the Campeonato season.

I am sorry not to have posted much lately - work has been interfering with music, which simply isn't acceptable....

Euro 2012 elimination games start today - there will be serious futbol-watching at my house over the next 4 days.

Great football day today:

Spain x Portugal in the afternoon. I think Spain will make it through, though I predict a close game.

At 9pm, the first match of the Copa Libertadores final. For those of you who are too stuck in the European football, it's the South American equivalent to the Champions League. (In fact, winners of all the inter-continental tournaments play at the end of the year at the Fifa World Cup of Clubs - also kind of overlooked by most Europeans). Argentine champs BOCA JUNIORS play at home against my one-and-only SC CORINTHIANS. It'll be a friggin' hell of a game. Anyone who likes football should watch it (I'll share a feed if anyone's interested).

Go Spain and VAI CORINTHIANS!

I also came across this, which I thought was incredibly interesting:

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/ar...ain+world's+most+valuable+football+brand

The 25 most valuable "brands" in world football. Man Utd. still #1. However, look who happens to be the only non-European team in the list! :p :p

YEAH GO SPAIN!! Watching the game now, we've got more ball possession (lol). Hoping that will mean a goal soon!

:lol: Fake Ronaldo is probably more pissed about not taking a PK than about losing... Hahahaha

There's only ONE Ronaldo. :)

There's like a million Ronaldos.. can't these Portuguese speaking MFers come up with another name?! XD

At least our Catalan names are all weird! Xavi, Puyol, Piqué, Busquets..

Great football day today:

Spain x Portugal in the afternoon. I think Spain will make it through, though I predict a close game.

At 9pm, the first match of the Copa Libertadores final. For those of you who are too stuck in the European football, it's the South American equivalent to the Champions League. (In fact, winners of all the inter-continental tournaments play at the end of the year at the Fifa World Cup of Clubs - also kind of overlooked by most Europeans). Argentine champs BOCA JUNIORS play at home against my one-and-only SC CORINTHIANS. It'll be a friggin' hell of a game. Anyone who likes football should watch it (I'll share a feed if anyone's interested).

Go Spain and VAI CORINTHIANS!

Huge draw in Buenos Aires for your team. They know what they have to do in Sao Paulo next week - good luck!

Huge draw in Buenos Aires for your team. They know what they have to do in Sao Paulo next week - good luck!

I know! It's a draw that tastes like a victory, especially in La Bombonera.

The kid who scored the goal has everything to become a fan-favorite. 21 years old. Played his first match for Corinthians this past Sunday, against the biggest rivals (Palmeiras) and he scored twice. Now he scored this goal worth the world against Boca last night. Predestined? Perhaps...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evxb01ZVIj8&feature=related[/ame]

No, I agree with you.. Even Ronaldinho is really Ronaldo, but they called him Ronaldinho to set him apart.. XD

Oh, of course. But I really meant the players that have RONALDO on their jerseys... hahahaha Ronaldinho was also better than the fake popstar, media-frenzied, "I-should-have-been-a-model" Cristiano Ronaldo. :p

Noticed how even after the game yesterday (when he was pissed for not taking a PK) his hair was still intact and pretty? :lol:

Noticed how even after the game yesterday (when he was pissed for not taking a PK) his hair was still intact and pretty? :lol:

Yeah, I'm honestly not on the Ronaldo bandwagon.. or even the Beckham bandwagon my fellow women all jumped on. They're okay looking, but I'll take this SOB's ugly caveman mug any day!!

player_photo_42872.jpg

(...I like his hair better.)

Yeah, I'm honestly not on the Ronaldo bandwagon.. or even the Beckham bandwagon my fellow women all jumped on. They're okay looking, but I'll take this SOB's ugly caveman mug any day!!

player_photo_42872.jpg

(...I like his hair better.)

LOL, and to think that "pretty-boy" soccer commentator on ESPN looked like this one day:

alexi-lalas.jpg