More soccer/football

What the fook just happened!? Wow, Mario, you're my hero!!

..until Sunday.

GO SPAIN!!!

soain.jpg

I didn't see that coming at all!!!

My 12-year old daughter knows better than to dive into a tackle a la Mats Hummels against Cassano right before the first goal - dreadful. And neither center back was in the picture on the second goal.

If you defend a world-class team like that, you get thumped. Thankfully, this squad won't be embarrassed by Spain in the final, and have 2 years to find a solution in the center back. Having said that, this has been the weak spot for a decade, and any thought that Hummels and Badstuber are the answer has been.....answered.

:mad::cry:

My 12-year old daughter knows better than to dive into a tackle a la Mats Hummels against Cassano right before the first goal - dreadful. And neither center back was in the picture on the second goal.

If you defend a world-class team like that, you get thumped. Thankfully, this squad won't be embarrassed by Spain in the final, and have 2 years to find a solution in the center back. Having said that, this has been the weak spot for a decade, and any thought that Hummels and Badstuber are the answer has been.....answered.

:mad::cry:

Very sorry to see what happened. I was rooting for Germany, though I did see the same issue you're mentioning. Hummels and Badstuber unfortunately aren't all they could be. Germany - Spain would've been an incredible game to watch...

I still can't believe the silly mistakes on both goals...

Very sorry to see what happened. I was rooting for Germany, though I did see the same issue you're mentioning. Hummels and Badstuber unfortunately aren't all they could be. Germany - Spain would've been an incredible game to watch...

I still can't believe the silly mistakes on both goals...

Italy - Spain has all the ear marks of being a classic. The way Italy are creating and defending at the same time has been impressive - this could be fun!

What the fook just happened!? Wow, Mario, you're my hero!!

..until Sunday.

GO SPAIN!!!

soain.jpg

Italy will beat Spain on Sunday. Show me an Italian soccer scandal before a major tourney, and I will show you Italy's next trophy. They did it in 1982, and won their fourth World Cup in 2006....both on the heels of major betting scandals. Guess what? Another betting scandal has rocked Italian soccer to the point where the Prime Minister wants to SUSPEND soccer for two years!

How far do you think that will go if Italy wins Euro 2012? :lol:

Didn't get to watch the spain italy final due to recording session and frankly wasn't really interested in it. However; I have the Gremio vs Atletico MG game on now. Whats going on in Brazilian footy AngraRules? Says its round 7 and its a live game :eek: new season?

However; I have the Gremio vs Atletico MG game on now. Whats going on in Brazilian footy AngraRules? Says its round 7 and its a live game :eek: new season?

Apollo, Brazilian soccer is on a dfferent schedule than Europe. Our league just started about two months ago.

However, we're at the very last stage of two other very important competitions. The Brazilian Cup final starts this week between Palmeiras (yuck) and Coritiba. Two matches... The winner gets a spot at next year's Copa Libertadores, the South American Champions Leage....which.... Happens to have its very last game this Wednesday. My team, (SC Corinthians) is playing at home in Sao Paulo against Argentina's Boca Juniors. This is arguably one of the most important matches in our team's history as it's the only competition we've never won. Needless to say, Wednesday could be one of the happiest days of my life (or one of the worst). I'm very confident, so hopefully we'll take the trophy and go to Japan in Decemb for the Fifa World Cup of Clubs (Chelsea is already qualified btw...)

I am really glad that my Germany did not have to endure what Italy went through yesterday - Spain could have pinned another 2 or 3 on them, and would have done the same to Germany. That was a powerful, complete performance - unless you are a Spaniard, you have to shudder in fear.

Congrats to the old and new Euro champions. Let everyone else's "how the heck do we play against Spain" worries intensify.

Congrats to the old and new Euro champions. Let everyone else's "how the heck do we play against Spain" worries intensify.

I truly believe that it's because Spain plays like a team. So many other teams depend on one or two magnificent players, while Spain's strategy is knowing where to pass and when to pass in an effort to outwit their opponent. They're fun to watch, in that way. They make it looks like they're all of one mind, knowing where eachother is throughout the field. Even if one of their key players (like Puyol) doesn't play, they STILL play great because they have that team mentality. :headbang:

Apollo, Brazilian soccer is on a dfferent schedule than Europe. Our league just started about two months ago.

However, we're at the very last stage of two other very important competitions. The Brazilian Cup final starts this week between Palmeiras (yuck) and Coritiba. Two matches... The winner gets a spot at next year's Copa Libertadores, the South American Champions Leage....which.... Happens to have its very last game this Wednesday. My team, (SC Corinthians) is playing at home in Sao Paulo against Argentina's Boca Juniors. This is arguably one of the most important matches in our team's history as it's the only competition we've never won. Needless to say, Wednesday could be one of the happiest days of my life (or one of the worst). I'm very confident, so hopefully we'll take the trophy and go to Japan in Decemb for the Fifa World Cup of Clubs (Chelsea is already qualified btw...)

Another tournament I get to watch? Two actually considering Boca juniors are my boys :D I'll have to record it though unless we get rained out and don't have to play the 4th of july fireworks show :fingers crossed: (I've had enough Sousa... and 1812 overture in my life... i'll add Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride to that)