More Viking-metal!

owen10se

Son of Oden
Sep 17, 2006
Alingsas, Sweden
If you want want more death-viking-metal, then I think you should start listening to the swedish band Unleashed.

They are not as good as Amon but I think you should them a try if you haven't already done so...

http://www.unleashed.se

swornb.jpg

there was a whole thread about this.. i think we mentioned about 30 viking metal bands. better have a look...

the new unleashed is good indeed man!

not that it hasn't really been said before, but Amon Amarth isn't really a viking metal band. Its about vikings, usually, but viking metal is usually a folky sounding form of black metal, not the balls heavy melodic death metal that AA produce. As for unleashed, when they started back in the late 80's early 90's they were just another swedish death metal band.

Thrymfal said:
not that it hasn't really been said before, but Amon Amarth isn't really a viking metal band. Its about vikings, usually, but viking metal is usually a folky sounding form of black metal, not the balls heavy melodic death metal that AA produce. As for unleashed, when they started back in the late 80's early 90's they were just another swedish death metal band.

good point, but it has some viking metallish things, and most people call it viking/death metal.. wich it is imho

Unleashed earlier in their career were damn good, with some cool viking themes as stated, but they were definately not purely about that topic (they are now maybe, I stopped listening to them.

Viking metal to me is definately more folky sounding, of course it can have other elements (like death, black, doom, etc.) - but I still consider it a sub genre of black because of one band: Mithotyn.

would really like to find some more bands like AA and Tyr, sampled Einherjer, but really dun like the vocal style...really would love something viking oriented with the writing prowess of Blind Guardian :s

what happened to people singing...most bands now a days sound like their vocalist is simply having dry heaves...of course amon has succesfully avoided this while still sounding great, but sheesh

I wish Valimar were here.he is so Viking!. a real one.actually I saw systy here.i hope to meet him too.we come from a swedihs forum._DK