Moshing

Yeah, it seems that Opeth fans tend to be more into the music than say, a Hatebreed fan. But there does always seem to be idiots. And we all have our horror stories. Like Ozzfest '99 in San Bernardino where one guy got stabbed in the pit and during Slayer's set, they threw chairs.

Risquit said:
Yeah, it seems that Opeth fans tend to be more into the music than say, a Hatebreed fan. But there does always seem to be idiots. And we all have our horror stories. Like Ozzfest '99 in San Bernardino where one guy got stabbed in the pit and during Slayer's set, they threw chairs.

That's sick....

I'n not into the whole slamming stuff, but a bit of pogoing is quite nice sometimes

crowdsufing is also gay because mostly people wear huge boots and spikes or something which is also just gay. if you are gonna wear spikes to a gig, dont try and get in the crushed bit at the front. it shows total disrespect for everyone else.

i got kicked in the head by a stage diver with massive boots at the kreator gig once, so every stage diver after that i just grabbed their legs and flung them way over my head.

moshing also shows disrespect for the people who are there to watch the band.

as for being a 'pussy' cause of not moshing - well you may pay to go and see a concert to prove your 'manliness', but i think thats pathetic. most people are there to watch the band, and not act like a retard.

Ok, but I think it should be possible to mosh if you'd like to. It's great for a band to see people moshing to their music. It's energy.

I hate people who get angry at moshing people because they get bumped a bit. Then go stand in the back I would say. You know your seeing a metal show, then don't be a pussy and whine whenever you get touched by someone else then your boyfriend.

Like I said, Opeth is not really moshable but other bands are.

Bands like to see people moving, not just stand there and do nothing. Whether it's headbanging or just shouting lyrics or banging your fist in the air, or mosh...

There is nothing as boring as a bunch of people just standing there. I think that's why Mikael likes Holland a lot, people there show that they are moved by the music. Unlike the stiff upper lips/ stiff bodies in England...

AbsentFriend said:
I hate people who get angry at moshing people because they get bumped a bit. Then go stand in the back I would say.
why cant the moshers go to the back? they arent watching the band...

are you saying you should get priority over someone who has paid to see the band, just because you feel its necessary to act like a retard and beat the crap out of someone?

as for moving around.. of course i always headbang at the front. i never understand people who stand at the back. but moshing is just gay.

mike said himself hes one of the people who stands at the back at gigs... read the biography chapter VIII :p

ChrisEmerson said:
why cant the moshers go to the back? they arent watching the band...

are you saying you should get priority over someone who has paid to see the band, just because you feel its necessary to act like a retard and beat the crap out of someone?

as for moving around.. of course i always headbang at the front. i never understand people who stand at the back. but moshing is just gay.

mike said himself hes one of the people who stands at the back at gigs... read the biography chapter VIII :p

He also said that all Swedes do that and that Sweden was a boring country to play.

I don't mosh anymore, but I do think people should be able to.

Not mutch moshing at Opeth shows with the exeption of Demon Of the Fall (people get crazy for that tune.) Plenty of crowd surfing during the Irving Plaza Opeth show last year (January 2003). I don't mind moshing if it's not with a bunch of meatheads but Opeth doesn't illicit that kind of crowd.

When I saw Opeth at the Norva last May, they didn't let anyone mosh. Most people didn't want to. We were all pretty much standing there in awe. Like my friend said after the show, at other shows, like Nine Inch Nails and Disturbed (shows I am not interested in) everyone moshes; with Opeth, you can't help but watch the show.

AbsentFriend said:
Bands like to see people moving, not just stand there and do nothing. Whether it's headbanging or just shouting lyrics or banging your fist in the air, or mosh...

There is nothing as boring as a bunch of people just standing there. I think that's why Mikael likes Holland a lot, people there show that they are moved by the music. Unlike the stiff upper lips/ stiff bodies in England...

I was at the Shepherds Bush gig and I didn't see one stiff body!

if you're not a pussy you will be able to stay at the front.. most opeth fans arent very big ;)

oh yeah.. adn those of you who dont like moshing.. stop crying its a fucking metal show. go sit in your seat if yo udont like it.