Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Same as with Pavor, for instance. Skilled musicians and all, but the music is soulless.

To me, Pavor is really catchy, fun to listen to, and enjoyable...the vocalist has a really cool personality on the album...from vocal solos to loud breathing in the middle of songs to just weird shit he does (yelping, etc.), I think Furioso is actually a pretty soulful release...sure, Rainer rapes the bass a ton, but it's not THAT over the top otherwise. I also like the long song structures and even appreciate that sometimes the songs seem to meander (wish I could find a positive way to say this), almost makes some of the riffs seem like black metal mutations...

Most anticipated releases for 2008
Biomechanical "Cannibalized"
Adagio "Archangels In Black"
Ayreon 011001010001!!LOL001

Most anticipated releases for 2028
Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy"

Well Protector just informed us on the SUMMONING forums that they are writing a new album, and already have some songs recorded. It should come out later this year or begining of next year. Its too early to tell but hopefully this year.

Protector on Summoning...

"as the work on my new "ice ages" album is finished i finally found time to work on new summoning songs. so far i mainly worked on setting up the new sampler software i am going to use instead of my old hardware synths, but i already also created 2 fragments that most probably will be summoning songs on the next album as i already like them".

"now as i am much more free than ever before with my old hardware synths i can sample any sound i like and make much more manipulations on it.
for the first new summoning song fragment i used additional different drum sounds (for example i added a "davul" for the drums, that suit perfectly to the drums and enrich them very much and makes the drums darker than before).
for the second drum sound i used a cool medieval shalm sound (actually a "zurna"). this song will be finally a much more medieval styles song, which i did not do since minas morgul/dol guldur (such as "khazad dum" or "passing of the grey company"). but this song is still very raw; just one 3 layered tune based on one sound without drums or orchestra or guitars".

"anyway, i am a bit sick of the old tradtional damped heavy metal style i started with stronghold. i prefer the more opened less rhythmic style of oathbound and so far the new guitar riffs go in that way".

i didn't want to read through the whole thread but heres what i'm looking forward too
black crowes
willie nelson
guns n roses ????
judas priest
motorhead???
queensryche
ac/dc ????
motley crue ????
extreme
alice cooper
jeff beck ????

now Im adding Cynic, am I dreaming, the metal gods must be furious this year for they are preparing a hord of Metal for us mortals. Whats next a new Emperor album?

oh man I'm so stoked for that album, it's been what 15 years? correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm also really hyped for the new Opeth, Bloodbath, so many more that I can't think of at the moment...

Cynic
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
In Flames - A Sense of Purpose
Meshuggah - ObZen
Opeth
Pestilence
Wintersun - Time