Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Nowhere does it say they're re-writing it, mate.
Peter decided to fill the gap between the last more than stunning HYPOCRISY asskicker "Virus" (welcoming IMMORTAL/PAIN drummer Horgh for the departed Lars Szöke in the ranks) and the next one with a new version of "Catch 22", simply called "Catch 22 V2.0.08".
For this occasion, five years after the release of the original album, Peter re-recorded the whole guitar-parts, his complete vocals and re-mixed and re-mastered the rest of the record. Now "Catch 22 V2.0.08" sounds like Peter always had it in mind. As a bonus, the japan-only Track "Nowhere To Run" is also included on this definite version.

Hypocrisy -catch 22- is horrible and do not see the point in that. I like the regular Penetralia and it's one of the best old school death metal cds and it would also be cool if the Peter/ band re-recorded the entire album, same with Osculum Obscenum. 10 years of chaos and confusion does have re-recorded new versions just only a few songs. catch 22 sucks

Yeah I'd much rather have a new Hypocrisy record in my hands than a re-hash of an crappy one. We still might have a new album this year, but this Catch-22 business will significantly delay it.

im still waiting if Disconformity makes an album. yea Japanese Brutal Slam Death Metal the right way! :headbang:

Finally some news about the new Ihsahn album due next year...

EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn has set "Angl" as the title of his second solo album, tentatively due mid-spring via Candlelight Records. The follow-up to 2006's "The Adversary" is "in its final completion stages now," according to a Candlelight press release

Hypocrisy -catch 22- is horrible and do not see the point in that. I like the regular Penetralia and it's one of the best old school death metal cds and it would also be cool if the Peter/ band re-recorded the entire album, same with Osculum Obscenum. 10 years of chaos and confusion does have re-recorded new versions just only a few songs. catch 22 sucks

I would hate if they re-recorded those albums, I think they're perfect the way they are. Now, a re-RELEASE...that might be nice.

EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn has set "Angl" as the title of his second solo album, tentatively due mid-spring via Candlelight Records. The follow-up to 2006's "The Adversary" is "in its final completion stages now," according to a Candlelight press release

Well that about kills any chance of Emperor writing any new material, not that I was expecting any. Still looking forward to the new DVD.

I honestly didn't know he had already put out a solo album, I thought he was just in the process of doing his first solo album... How is his first solo album???