Most brilliant WD vocal moments.

I hate you, Iris.

Let's see, great vocal moments...this is in terms of the singing, not the lyrics. There's just too many awesome lyrics.

-The bridge from "Sanity Assasin" (espcially the "Painting pictures" line)
-The chorus of "Insignificant"
-The line "We shall be one" from "This Sacrament"
-"Forever"
-The second verse of "The Lotus Eaters." Did I mention that I hate you, Iris?
-The first verse of "Believe In Nothing"
-The intro to "The Learning"
-"The Hurting Words"
-The bridge bit and second verse of "Deconstruction"
-The second bridge ("The sheep are made...") of "Engines Of Hate"
-The bridge of "Beyond Within," especially "Do you know my name? Do you know MY NUMBER?!" Awesome.
-The last chorus of "Next In Line"; the line "Life is seen though heroin dreaming..." just has this great vicious whisper delivery.
-The last chorus of "The Mirror Black"
-The pre-chorus of "One More Murder"

There's probably more, but these are the best at this point. One of the songs on the s/t (or is it Politics?) has a melodic part where Warrel sings very quietly, saying the word "...nevermore..." and then his voice swells leading in the guitars. Wait, is that on Mirror Black? Does anybody know what I'm talking about here, or am I just on crack?

the best is on poison god machine just after he goes

poison is a word, god is a word used for fear then the music goes hard and he goes hard, that bit sounds awesome.

that's my favourite vocal moment.

no more will has my favourite lyrics.

Everything,pretty much...but "No More Will" is one of my particular favorites...though it always makes me think of dsm's funreal plans...:err:Thank you for ruining that perfectly good song with your morbid imagination,Mr. Bozarth:lol: Eh,the song still kicks ass."Future Tense" but Sanctuary also has totally priceless lyrics."Politiacians promise you the world and a preacher cries/All he ever wanted was your money and a bitch on the side!"...though I believe WD predicted wrong about that part...the holy men don't seem too interested in bitches anymore...;) lol.

as far as vocals id say whenever he does the super-high thing it gets me all tingly an whatnot. he uses it much more tastefully, and just to add extra emphasis in nevermore. in sanctuary he used it so much that it wasnt as *special* or whatever. like half that battle angels song he does with the high voice.
-neal

Yeah, now the holy men have put aside their bitches for little boys.

Neal, your latest post explains exactly why I prefer Ripper Owens to Rob Halford. Rob shrieks so much it gets old...Ripper throws in the scream when it's needed.

How'd I forget that part of "Poison Godmachine"? "Used for fear...for FAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" Awesome, awesome, awesome.