Most brilliant WD vocal moments.

Fav. lyrical moments: Pretty much all of Deconstruction is brilliant
Same goes for In Memory
"Sit back, absorb the words, and feast on my mind's semen"
I love that one, so demented
and
"Just a speck in the spectrum, Insignificant am I"
I love that one, just so damn true, and so damn clever

I thought the title of the thread was "Most brilliant WD VOCAL moments", meaning, parts of songs where he sang his best.

So, as for the vocal moments, I would say, from the first album, the way he sang C.B.F., and from the Sanctuary times Die For my Sins and Third War, I think, maybe I forgot something, oh, well, White Rabbit, that certain part: "...tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar...", and of course, Veil of Disguise.

As for his poetry "moments" I would say that the lyrics of The Passenger say it all.

skip the song, but pay attn to the lyrics. (my favorite NVRMR song is This Sacrement I would say, anyway)

Fly beyond the dreaming, fly beyond our being
Turn and face the mirror, the answers come, clear as glass

within the dark communion of self awareness
there lies a void called ego
an endless fusion of stillness and chaos
to bring its death can bring rebirth

I am throes of my denial,logic in me crumbles,i take this fateful ride
Through my mind
Daydream fluid thoughts washing shores of warm confusion
I'm one with this beautiful disorder

There's no control in the world today, and there's still no order to this game we all play
Maybe none of us know what's real
There's no constraint when the walls cave in, the neuron turn on, the game begins to fade away
Maybe none of us know, maybe none of us want to hear, never push against the flow aimlessly

Well ,Chrome..
To take advantage of the fact you bumped the thread again..i think i will share my fav wd- vocal moment in here, too ;)

It was back in 1999, Geel in Belgium. (axion hal)
I remember it so well because it was my first live Nevermore experience after i got totally brainwashed by this band (or were it my friends?), hehe :D

The power fell off, just in the middle of the first part of What Tomorrow Knows! (i never heard it live again, just those few notes but we got a better treat instead).
Van's sound fell away first, then the rest...Warrel was the only one with power..heh, and he used it, hihi!
He just walked up front and started to sing..
The Lotus Eaters, a capella!!! :)
While the rest was setting their sounds, Warrel just popped in and finished the song, it was so intense!
Usually, you can hear whisperings or talking in the crowd or people that can't shup up and have to scream during silences...
nothing...not a cough! Everybody was quiet, it was breath-
taking!
Something bad was turned into good and magical as well, i loved it! To me, it showed the bands' professionality, they all waited untill Warrel was finished...
then some communication went along, a few looks, a nod..and BANG! they launched and continued the show!
The crowd hardly got the chance to applaud, they were going before we even noticed Warrel was finished, hehe!
Ah well, i think live is where the musicians can show what they are worth and acting so quick and to turn that bad into good,
i think that is my all time fav wd vocal-moment...
I wonder if it was ever recorded...
Warrel...did you guys recorded that show or is it here to stay in memory for good? ;)

xxx Iris xxx

ah, by the time you forgotten all about this, i might tell you again, then you will hear...again ;)
" the memories will be toooohoooohooohoooooold...to you...
in memoryyyyyy"
:lol:

xxx Iris xxx
(and i saw you, doing the xxx's.. ;)
Where's that "item" you were about to post, Chrome?

uh oh.. :D

uh oh ..

I dont think its time for that .. yet. ha ha

Have to wait for Warrel to finish with it...

hmmm

uh! ewwww...

now now.. be careful Iris,

this thread was an intelligent thread, until you tempted me to try to make it otherwise

WELCOME TO THE FALL ...

.. of one thread's quality ...

:D

Hey maybe i'm tempting you..
but it's up to you to change this thread's quality or not.. :p

xxx Iris xxx

ah ha!!... caught me with one of my own philosophies ..

.. being how no one can make you do anything, or something along those lines..

I should've known better than to try that, here ..
haha

you mean the lotus eaters- thing, Lizard?
No need to be green of envy, you silly ;)
i shared it with you, so you don't have to be jealous.
I think i have mentioned it before, although i'm not sure where or when. But not into detail, i guess..
But i'm glad you liked it!

xxx Iris xxx

High five, then!!
hihi

and what about it, that not trying in here, chrome?
you think i would have fallen for it, somewhere else?
haha!! you make me laugh, Chrome!!
;)

xxx Iris xxx

Iris and chrome..you guys are sooo naughty!
But guess what i have in my POCKET..hihi

As for the most brilliant WD moment...I'd have to say Ascension to Destiny...I love that song...well..okay..I like all the songs!!

As for Mr. singing lotus eaters a capella...that would be cool if they added it to the new album...ooooo....I can feel the hairs on my arms rising already!!!! Haha!

SIS!!
Shut up!
I KNOW what you have there..whahha!!

xxx Iris xxx

*runs off to the store..to get one, TOO!*
hihi ;)