Most dissapointing cd of 2002

Lord Of The Void said:
The worst thing in heavy metal scene is all that crap coming out from Sweden. I mean all that bands playing at the same way without personality and creativity.
Sure there are a lot of amazing and incredible Swedish bands, but there are also too many clones. Death to so-called "melodic death metal", a crappy mix between some heavy/thrash riffs and growling vocals.
First at all melody and death metal is a contraddiction in terms. It sounds as "hot ice" or "dry water"...support the real death metal not that crappy things called "melodic death metal"!! What's death metal in? Nothing!!!
In the end, what's the meaning of to play melodic death 10 years after At The Gates?
Death has nothing to do with gay melodic. Death is homicide, rape, violence, blasts and much more.
Sure, there are some very good bands in "melodic death metal" but the rest is all a big pile of shitty clones. Kill'em all!!!!

And I thought the mere concept of Pantera fans using computers was scary...you are by far the biggest idiot ever given the ability to express a thought. Congrats.

Along similar lines, any one who mentioned Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors is a fucking joke.

Just to go the extra mile, the worst album of the year is (by far) Shitows Fall's The Art of Balance. Mindless 80s thrash rehashing with an absolutely terrible vocalist incapable of sustaining a note.

The most disappointing album was without a doubt Opeth's Deliverance. Even though Blackwater Park was still using the Still Life formula, there were many improvements on the execution of that formula. Deliverance was just the third venture with the Still Life formula, devoid of anything new, and (to me) with the feeling it was just a contrived effort to set up the following (and somewhat less disappointing) release, Damnation.

2 the person who said that Melodic death metal is a contradiction of terms....

1 word: Vomitory

a perfect mix of brutality and melody... no way in hell any sane person can listen to Revilation Nausea and not accept brutal yet melodic metal....

Yeah said:
The most disappointing album was without a doubt Opeth's Deliverance. Even though Blackwater Park was still using the Still Life formula, there were many improvements on the execution of that formula. Deliverance was just the third venture with the Still Life formula, devoid of anything new, and (to me) with the feeling it was just a contrived effort to set up the following (and somewhat less disappointing) release, Damnation.
I don't think that Deliverance is devoid of anything new. it is much heavier and darker than the preceding albums, has some odd vocal effects, great drum work and the best growls ever. compared to Still Life it's IMO a totally different album.

Staffan said:
Their best cd :D

Obviously you haven't heard La Masquerade Infernale and Aspera Hiems Symfonia. But that's OK if you want to believe The Sham Mirrors is better. Doesn't bother me.

Yeah said:
Along similar lines, any one who mentioned Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors is a fucking joke.

Wow, what a statement. So let me get this clear. If we don't agree with your ill opinion, we're "a fucking joke"? Laughable, little man.

All the shitty albums from 2002 have already been mentioned.

Opeth's 'Deliverance' is the sound of a band now lost within the same formula, unable to break free from tired riffs. Retire already.

Do I need to add anything to Reroute to Remain? It blows.

I didn't expect much from Soilwork, seeing how they've always pretty much sucked the big one.

But The Sham Mirrors still takes the taco as the biggest disappointment from 2002. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Freedom Call's Eternity album was incredibly weak, and I also agree that The Sham Mirrors could have been a LOT better then it was. I also agree with another poster on here that Opeth's MAYH is really not so good. I wouldn't say it's their worst - well maybe - but I do know that every other album I've heard is better (I haven't heard Deliverance yet though), especially Orchid and Morningrise. New Nightwish and In Flames were also big disappointments.

In Flames - Reroute to Remain without a doubt.
I cannot stand this album, not one track. To be honest I almost cried when I heard this album. I think it also made it worse that people were saying that if your "open minded", then you will like R2R. Bullshit. Anders Friden used to be my favorite vocalists. His vocals on The Jester Race were what I really, really liked, and then I hear him pushing out that shit in R2R. WTF!

Sympozium said:
In Flames - Reroute to Remain without a doubt.
I cannot stand this album, not one track. To be honest I almost cried when I heard this album. I think it also made it worse that people were saying that if your "open minded", then you will like R2R. Bullshit. Anders Friden used to be my favorite vocalists. His vocals on The Jester Race were what I really, really liked, and then I hear him pushing out that shit in R2R. WTF!

The same as you. I couldn't believe it. I was waiting for a great album, but then I heard this piece of shit (RTR). :erk::erk::erk: