Most dissapointing cd of 2002

Originally posted by Lord Of The Void
And so very few of these bands are really unique. What's unique about Bloodshed or Insision? What's unique in In Flames or Dark Tranquillity? Among the bands you mentioned only Bathory could be considered a very innovative and historical band, in my opinion. I don't deny all these bands are good bands, but there's nothing about uniqueness.
Have you ever listened to Skydancer by Dark Tranquillity? It was highly original and creative at the time. Before that, mixing such eclectic elments as acoustics, female vocals and male cleans with melodic guitars and death metal was unheard of. Not to mention The Gallery, which is still a benchmark for Gothenburg metal. Projector too, with about half of the vocals sung clean, and mixing depeche mode influences with death metal was very original and unique.

Everyone says Blind Guardian albums are disappointing when they first come out. Then, by the time the next one comes around, many have changed their minds. A Night At the Opera just takes time to get used to. All good music doesn't *have* to impress the first time it is played.

For me, Operation: Mindcrime was only average when I first heard it. Now, of course, it's one of my favorites. Most people I know initially said Nightfall in Middle Earth went too far, and they couldn't get into it. Now, many people hail it as the ultimate BG.

For me, the most disappointing CD of 2002 was Nocturnal Rites' Shadowland. Boring.

--S

INu-Flames' Reroute To Remain

They are a fag band now.

They are touring with Mudvayne.

They come to the USA way to much to deny selling their souls to the Nu-Metal gods.

RTR disappointed me a little, but I still think it's a good album overall. Other than that, I can't think of any albums that really disappointed me.

What's the point of all this idiotic and worthless flaming? So somebody doesn't like album X or band Y. Who cares? Some of you people are acting like complete idiots. All of this "I'm better than you because I think this band or album stinks" stuff is also so mindless and annoying. Take your massive, inflated egos and shove them where the sun don't shine.

I also don't see why some of you can't discuss why you don't like an album, and explain why you don't in a civil manner. Instead, some of you just say something idiotic like "it's crap." What's so hard about discussing something without being a jackass? I can't see the complication. It's amazing how some of you who think you're so mature and above everybody else, yet you act like nothing but a baby who is in dire need of a diaper changing.

revenge drama said:
pain of salvation - remedy lane
opeth - deliverance (haven't heard it yet but my friend said it sucked big time)
Wow. Remedy Lane? That is probably my favorite this year. Oh well. As for the second comment...the others captured my thoughts exactly. Probably the second favorite for me, by the way.

As for most disappointing...hmm...I'd have to go along with Soilwork's NBC, even though it's good, as others have said, not nearly as good as Predator's Portrait. But I don't listen to In Flames, so no comment on R2R:D

why did you even listen to Opeth? You know how it´s gonna sound...
so why bother?
Either you think they are good or bad... who cares.

My biggest disappointment was:
Orange Goblin-Coup De grace, (it´s ok though, but I thought it would be way better)

You people are weird, fighting over opinions like they´re FACTS.

first of all i was disapointed with R2R but the album is ok few great songs eg trigger and cloud connected but there are also alot of shite ones. Anders if you cant sing clean good dont try although his clean vocals are good in clayman, pinball map and ordinary story. 2nd of all clayman and colony are amazing albums especially colony. 3rd of all in flames gave us lunar strain, the jester race, whoracle, colony and clayman so stop bloody moaning about how crap R2R is for the jester alone they owe you nothing more. And for whoever said dark tranquility arent unique should be burnt.

first of all i was disapointed with R2R but the album is ok few great songs eg trigger and cloud connected but there are also alot of shite ones. Anders if you cant sing clean good dont try although his clean vocals are good in clayman, pinball map and ordinary story. 2nd of all clayman and colony are amazing albums especially colony. 3rd of all in flames gave us lunar strain, the jester race, whoracle, colony and clayman so stop bloody moaning about how crap R2R is for the jester alone they owe you nothing more. And for whoever said dark tranquility arent unique should be burnt.

So far the new Lost Horizon is not that great! Sure the vocals Rule but he does over do it! Its got some cool riffs but all in all it just forgettable! Maybe I should listen to it more, but everytime I throw it in I space out thinking about other shit! So far its just background elevator music! I'm going to listen to it again though!

MadTinus noob to Opeth? u are saying that MAYH is the worst aahah :/
j/k

Thats exactly that I think

DravenMist said:
Dark Tranquility - Damage Done, was disappointing TO ME...not what i expected

Errr...what exactly were you expecting? Sounds to me like you're not really a DT fan to begin with.

Same could probably be suggested to all those who bagged "Deliverance". Hard to imagine a real Opeth fan not liking such an excellent follow up to the brilliant "Blackwater Park". In a great year all round, this album was one of the standouts.

Nightman said:
For me it has to be the new NIGHTWISH. After 'WISHMASTER' I was really looking forward to Century Child but it is absolutely awful.

A change in style yes but for the worse. It is mid tempo at best with the vocals too much to the fore and the male vocals ( a sign of things to come I understand) are just death metal garbage.

I've tried and tried but simply don't like it at best a few of the earlier songs are simply ok but the ballads and the last 2 tracks are simply diabolical.

I played WISHMASTER last night and could not believe the same band had recorded both cds (except for the distinctive vocals of course).

When I buy a bar of milk chocolate I don't expect most of it to be liquorice !!!

The only good thing is that I sold it on E-bay for more than I paid for it.

I agree...100%. And Nightwish is one of my favourite bands...And Marco should JUST play the bass and keep his mouth shut.
Oh yeah, I want Sami back..and FAST.
Marco belongs to Sinergy...and can anyone explain ME why THE hell Nightwish did a cover of "Crazy Train" during the WHOLE CC tour? Sure, Tarja must rest her voice...but why not play Moondance?

Each time I see the From Wishes to Eternity DVD I think..."Oh bring those days back..." *sigh*

Hypocrisy - Catch 22

I hear a defininte nu-metal influence on this CD. It's like a mixture of mu-metal and death metal. Not that I think it's a terrible CD - it's still pretty good but I just like the others better.

To recycle a joke from the first or second page, the most disappointing cd for me was Vehemence's God Was Created.

Disappointing in that I didn't hear it until March of this year!