Most emotional, depressing Katatonia song?

Blue Jay said:
When I listened to my first Katatonia song Deliberation, I cried. I never cry over music.

you cried when you were listening to deliberation? hm... although it was your first katatonia experience, i should consider listening to that album a bit more... because TGCD lacks a bit of deep depressive emotions in my opinion... or maybe i became too cold... :(

My favourite from early days: Day, The Love of the Swans, 12, Endtime, Brave, Crimson tears.

Favourite from present days: Sulphur, In The White (Urban dub), A Darkness Coming, Dissolving Bonds, No Devotion, Future of speech, Had to (leave) and too many of them.

salient-It's money growing ON a tree. It's a saying,"money doesn't grow on trees."

I don't understand how anyone can feel that the older songs are more depressing especially without clean vocals but difference is what makes the world go round.

Blue_Jay said:
When I listened to my first Katatonia song Deliberation, I cried. I never cry over music.

Cried over Deliberation? Hmm lol go buy Discouraged Ones and you'll be tying a noose by the time it gets to 'Gone'.

Weathered said:
you cried when you were listening to deliberation? hm... although it was your first katatonia experience, i should consider listening to that album a bit more... because TGCD lacks a bit of deep depressive emotions in my opinion... or maybe i became too cold... :(

Nah I agree man, while it gained in its technicality I think it lost a fair bit in its emotion in comparison with the DO - LFDGD era.

The type of sound quality I had made it sound powerful. I did listen to other Katatonia music also so I know what y'all mean. Deliberation was my first song from the band so yea. I always start with the newest CDs cause I heard that once you listen to the older stuff of bands you won't like the newer stuff. Most of the time anyways.

BlueSky said:
salient-It's money growing ON a tree. It's a saying,"money doesn't grow on trees."

I don't understand how anyone can feel that the older songs are more depressing especially without clean vocals but difference is what makes the world go round.

Put on Gateways of Bereavement and prepare to cry black tears.

hey there, new user here, big fan too :). i was just reading around, and i must say that "last resort" must be one of the most depressing katatonia songs for me, music and lyrics alike. quite surprised no one mentioned it, the slow parts are heart wretching. "shelter for my thoughts, asylum for my soul". great regards.

Whoever said "Wait Outside", I completely agree. That song is one of my favorites. I would love to see that live. Anyway....

Saw You Drown
Black Erotica
A Premonition
Right Into the Bliss
O How I Enjoy the Light

Imho Quiet World is the most depressing Katatonia song. The last two lines of the song are the most depressing.

need more methods to end each day
to be happy by living this way

Listening to Jonas sing these two lines, It sounds like he has been very frustrated with his life and his attempts to fix it up, and finally he has just become content with everything being so fucked. So he leaves it that way because trying to change for the better just makes it worse. In the last line, the way he says “happy” he is most definitely not. Neither is he really “living”. It sounds more like he’s not really living but not quite dead, just sort of … there… in this half existence. Becoming apathetic seems like a better option than trying to work things out.

Fuck that’s depressing. Listening to quiet world on repeat is dangerous.