Most negative thread of the past week

Which was the most negative, mean-spirited thread of the past week?

• "Edmonton show cancelled, thanks a lot guys"

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • "How hard is it really to find a drummer to fill in"

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • "Bring back Anders!!"

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • "I think Gene Hogland should be the new drummer!"

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • none of them - I'm still pissed they cancelled my show/played a short set at my show!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This one, for being so mean to the mean people who started the original mean threads

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Converted

Dec 26, 2003
Boringsmalltown, California
As we've all seen over the past several days, there is a great deal of ugliness and selfishness that only really stands out in situations like this (the Martin Lopez/show cancelled/short setlist/replacement drummer situation). All of the above threads are either stupid, inconsiderate, dispicable, or all of the above -- and each in their own special way.

Vote for the most evil thread and send these people to the gallows!!

(By the way, I thought the Ozzfest thread and the "Opeth babes in Calgary" thread had their own reprehensible moments, but I didn't think they really fit in with the ones in the poll.)

the guy who posted the "...thanks alot guys" thread is just a fucking dork. he basically said "hey opeth, you guys are fuckin jerks, but you're still my favorite band!"

My "Bring Back Anders!" thread was just a joke, and it wasn't even suggesting replacing Lopez, only finding a temp for him while he recovered. Sorry to say it, but when musicians have gotten sick in the past, bands have in many cases found replacelements and continued to tour, though clearly it's horribly stupid, inconsiderate, and dispicable.

Lighten up a bit.

You guys are all idiots. Why don't you stop wasting your time and go do something constructive? By the way, I voted for my thread.

Funeral Portrait said:
the guy who posted the "...thanks alot guys" thread is just a fucking dork. he basically said "hey opeth, you guys are fuckin jerks, but you're still my favorite band!"
That's what I voted for too

muahahha, looks like no one has voted my thread yet, IT WASNT EVEN MEAN! i was just saying it shouldnt be that hard to find a drummer to fill in for martin even if his pizazz and style isnt there, its better than nuthing

Funeral Portrait said:
why the hell did you join then?

I joined because I wanted to inform the fans here that the Edmonton show was going to be delayed, and I continued to post news as I learned what was going on. SOME people actually appreciated it.

Ehhh... I wouldn't really vote for the edmonton thread. I mean, it was negative, but come on. A concert got cancelled on us with no warning whatsoever. I mean, I bought the tickets basically the day before, and everything was all fine and peachy, then I show up at Reds, and it was like, wham, no show. I don't think ranting at the guys from Opeth about it is a good thing, but hey, negativity in those circumstances is understandable.

Theres no question: the lamest, most inconsiderate, thread post was "Gene Hoglan should be the new drummer." This is would not be if Martin was removed from the band; but that isn't the case.

Easy choice.

Testamentt said:
Theres no question: the lamest, most inconsiderate, thread post was "Gene Hoglan should be the new drummer." This is would not be if Martin was removed from the band; but that isn't the case.

Easy choice.
But coming from a Jr. Member..........who cares........or listens.........?

Easy Choice............:loco:

I voted for "Edmonton show cancelled... Thank a lot guys"

haha, I understand why the guy made the thread, I'd be pissed too... SUPER pissed, and I'd probably do the same thing. It's the most negative though because of large amount of sarcasm, just makes it that much worse

After seeing that Seattle setlist, and what we missed out on, I think I went too easy in my thread.

I like the idea of such thread, but since I cant pick any of those, I'll just say I find threads like "I bought/got O/M/MAYH/SL/BWP/D1/D2 today/yesterday/when it came out etc." boring and lame :D :D

I would have to say that there are two different things between the purpose of the thread and what became the most mean spirited. I had to vote for the Edmonton Show Cancelled because I got so tired of people insulting one another.

A wonderful site, both amusing and informative, that everyone should read that will make everything more enjoyable if half her advice is taken to heart: http://www.gothicmissmanners.com