most overhyped cd's?

dragonfu

Father Figure
May 14, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
the hype on some of the cd's coming out lately is unreal.
"a ground breaking production that goes beyond anything they've done before and will earn them legions of new fans. this cd must be considered an instant classic. a must buy"
:this unbiased review comes from the mailroom clerk from the company releasing the cd:

to me Rabbit Don't Come Easy is a very weak cd :erk: and St Anger is crap :ill: . when a friend brought it over and I put it on I thought my sound system was fried :OMG: it sounds like an old mono 45

You guy are the fucking shit on every thing, man BWP and Deliverence are fucking awesome. And Black Album was good. What song got you into metal, It was Enter Sandman for me. I can understand your disslike if you've been a fan of Metallica since the post burton stuff.
@Empeor Magus - Nice avatar.

Opeth-Morningrise...

And this comes from an Opeth fan who LOVES Blackwater Park...

It's like every song is the same three riffs one after the other OVER and OVER again...

Black Rose Immortal was the best song on the album, but the rest put me to sleep. Blackwater Park IS a masterpiece, though. "The Drapery Falls" alone makes it worth buying...

new soilwork, if-reroute, metallica-black, sepulturas tribal shit is weak as hell, i think strapping young lad is overrated as well and i think the most overrated band of all time is nirvana, i hate them.

Opeth-Morningrise...

And this comes from an Opeth fan who LOVES Blackwater Park...

It's like every song is the same three riffs one after the other OVER and OVER again...

Black Rose Immortal was the best song on the album, but the rest put me to sleep. Blackwater Park IS a masterpiece, though. "The Drapery Falls" alone makes it worth buying...

Man, that's the first time I've ever heard that. In my opinion, "Morningrise" is easily Opeth's best album, in fact, "Blackwater Park" doesn't even come close. It's beautifully intricate, elegantly written and composed, it's PERFECT! There isn't a track that bores me, and it never fails to impress me....what exactly did you find wrong with it?

Metallica - St Anger
Opeth - Deliverance(It wasn't as good as I expected it to be)
Inflames - Reroute to Remain

I love Blackwater Park, in my opinion Bleak, The Leper Affinity and the title track are some of the best songs they've ever written.
The song that got me into metal was For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica. I thought it was just crushing with that chorus riff. :headbang:

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Man, that's the first time I've ever heard that. In my opinion, "Morningrise" is easily Opeth's best album, in fact, "Blackwater Park" doesn't even come close. It's beautifully intricate, elegantly written and composed, it's PERFECT! There isn't a track that bores me, and it never fails to impress me....what exactly did you find wrong with it?

I don't know. I think it was the fact that on Blackwater Park they became much more refined as a band. Espeically with the switching of the riffs. It bacame much smoother and Mikael's vocals became more matured...

Morningrise is VERY repetative. Listen to Advent. They'll play the same series of notes like 15 times over, then switch to another series. Play that fifteen times, then switch back to the first. Also, the vocals were very spread out through the song. It was to the point where there was an interval of the same riff for a minute+ between the first chorus and second verse...

That's it I guess. Still a solid album, I just need to be in a very attentive mood to listen to it...

Demiurge said:
Opeth, Nile, Marduk, Cephalic Carnage, Cannibal Corpse, Deeds of Flesh

I agree 100%.

Although I do like Early Cannibal Corpse, even the early stuff isn't as good as people like to make it out to be; its just 'decent' DM. DoF are run of the mill Deathmetal and do nothing for me, Opeth is way overhyped and not great, Marduk is pure donkey shit, and so is Cephalic Carnage.

Nile I do like some stuff of, but people try to make them out to be some sort of DM gods, and that they are not. 3/5 of their stuff is crap.