most promising new band?

Crimson Massacre is fucking laughable. If they had some coherence and actually focused on a riff for more than five seconds they'd be alright.

Crimson Massacre is fucking laughable. If they had some coherence and actually focused on a riff for more than five seconds they'd be alright.

So should they streamline their music and make it accessible to suit your pop music inclinations?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Also, Crimson Massacre are hilariously pretentious. Tripe. I hope they all die in a big fire.
Crimson Massacre is fucking laughable. If they had some coherence and actually focused on a riff for more than five seconds they're be listenable.
Perhaps you are letting your preconceptions about metal get in the way of your appreciation of this band. I find the way that each song focuses on a particular theme while building in an coherent fashion towards an appropriately epic climax to be quite engaging - do you also find monophonic classical music unlistenable as it doesn't focus on a 'riff' for more than five seconds? Regardless of ones ability to enjoy their music, I think Crimson Massacre should still be recognized for their innovative style. To me, they sound like the next logical evolution of early death metal works such as Legion and Altars of Madness.

So should they streamline their music and make it accessible to suit your pop music inclinations?

There is a difference between doing something different well - and failing at it. They've failed. They have some interesting ideas, but just fail to execute them in a way that is interesting.

Stargazer, Lykathea Aflame, The Chasm, Gorguts, Portal, !T.O.O.H.!, Vortex, Windham Hell, Wicked Innocence, Traumatic Voyage, Pan.Thy.Monium, Phlebotomized, Molested - all prove that death metal can be taken to new interesting directions and manage to be absolutely amazing at the same time. These bands know what it is to experiment with new ideas and to use them properly at the same time.

Crimson Massacre simply fails on all levels, aside from the technical.

To answer your question: No, they shouldn't streamline anything. They just need to fix everywhere they went wrong, refine their style, and prove that they can release something worthwhile - because for now all they are is potential.

The Luster of Pandemonium is NOT east to get into. I'll give you that. It takes several listens to click, but once you get a feel for the songs, it's pretty amazing. The album is a great work both compositionally and in terms of technical musicianship.

There is a difference between doing something different well - and failing at it. They've failed. They have some interesting ideas, but just fail to execute them in a way that is interesting.

Stargazer, Lykathea Aflame, The Chasm, Gorguts, Portal, !T.O.O.H.!, Vortex, Windham Hell, Wicked Innocence, Traumatic Voyage, Pan.Thy.Monium, Phlebotomized, Molested - all prove that death metal can be taken to new interesting directions and manage to be absolutely amazing at the same time. These bands know what it is to experiment with new ideas and to use them properly at the same time.

Crimson Massacre simply fails on all levels, aside from the technical.

To answer your question: No, they shouldn't streamline anything. They just need to fix everywhere they went wrong, refine their style, and prove that they can release something worthwhile - because for now all they are is potential.
So you find them to be too chaotic? :confused: Or what exactly do you find their problems to be?

So you find them to be too chaotic? :confused: Or what exactly do you find their problems to be?

Yeah, I guess it would be the chaos. Too much of something going on makes an album really hard to listen to - TLoP is one of the few albums that are too "chaotic" for me to enjoy, the only other one I can think of is Between The Buried and Me - The Silent Circus, which even then has moments I like.

not exactly new but Municipal waste are really starting to get big because of hazardous mutation.

also dragonforce isn't new either but they're really exploding and getting really famous, they'll probably get forgotten about soon though.

also Sanctity is getting on a lot of tours and will probably really explode like trivium did.