most promising new band?

ok everyone shoudl listen to deathevokation they are a modern death metal band doing the old school sound and do a great job of it!! Their album the chalice of ages is awesome.

I agree with Augury and Unexpect, whether you like them or not they have a lot of talent.

also, Atheretic are good at what they do, sick bass!

and Profugus Mortis, if you're into power/folk/black metal, there's a lot of catchy riffs on their album and the violin adds a little something you can't spit on.

You have a point. To me they are new fresh and compared to the current scene are are godsent. I don't remember hearing much about Agalloch until they released the single for falling snow. The following up to ashes against the grain is going be heavily inticipated I would assume.
They are new to me as well and I love em'.
ULTIMATE TOUR:
Agalloch:The Opener:to create an ambient folk-induced mood
Anathema-to spark your emotions
Porcupine Tree-to blow everyone away with their new prog masterpiece
Opeth:The Headliner:-for the Broootality(and for the 70's prog influenced serenades)

This would do it 4 me....and I could then die a happy lad

They are new to me as well and I love em'.
ULTIMATE TOUR:
Agalloch:The Opener:to create an ambient folk-induced mood
Anathema-to spark your emotions
Porcupine Tree-to blow everyone away with their new prog masterpiece
Opeth:The Headliner:-for the Broootality(and for the 70's prog influenced serenades)

This would do it 4 me....and I could then die a happy lad

Agalloch as the opener for that is an instant failure.

Agalloch would easily need the headliner spot to be able to do much of anything.

Popularity wise, they'd be able to headline a tour if it isn't too big. Musically, they're much more deserving than Opeth.

I don't think they could ever headline a tour with Opeth on the bill. Actually I don't even think they could co-headline.

And why are they more deserving?

Perhaps, get Opeth off the bill then. Put in Woods of Ypres or Novembers Doom and there we go.

Because, they're better and know how to write songs that don't meander along aimlessly and then suddenly just change pace gracelessly.

crimson massacre
alcest (they still havent released a fulllength so theyre new by my estimation)
amesoeurs

Perhaps, get Opeth off the bill then. Put in Woods of Ypres or Novembers Doom and there we go.

Because, they're better and know how to write songs that don't meander along aimlessly and then suddenly just change pace gracelessly.
The only AIMLESS thing Opeth has ever done was Orchid...thats all...they're the perfect band. I do love Woods of Ypres and Novembers Doom(fellow chicagoans) but neither one has come close or surpassed the almighty Opeth

Agreed.

How can you be so sure they'll stay on par with how you see them now? Considering you are comparing them to Opeth which has 8 full-length albums compared to Agalloch's 3.

Why are we measuring a band's ability to stay focused on one style of composition by the amount of fucking albums they have? Nevermind that Opeth released a soft rock album, also...

Also, Crimson Massacre are hilariously pretentious. Tripe. I hope they all die in a big fire. Alcest is a good one though, I can't wait for their new disc.

How can you be so sure they'll stay on par with how you see them now? Considering you are comparing them to Opeth which has 8 full-length albums compared to Agalloch's 3.

The amount of albums released is frankly insignificant. Opeth has never released ANYTHING close to the quality of the albums Agalloch has released.

Plus one thing I think Agalloch has an advantage over Opeth - baring my person dislike of Opeth musically - is that Agalloch takes much more time with their albums. 3 albums in 12 years, that is an album ever 4 years which is a great amount of time to work on an album compared to just less than 2 years an album in the case of Opeth. If a band focuses more - chances are the album will have a greater chance of turning out better.

And Opeth has very little chance of ever releaseing anything of worth again, since Blackwater Park they've become completely horrible. I don't deny Orchid through Still Life being decent - I don't like them but I won't call them outright bad.

Agalloch could take a turn for the worse, but with them being signed to TER I don't see them making any moves they don't want to make - or using a stupid producer like Steve Wilson to fuck their sound up. As far as I see it - Agalloch COULD by all means fuck up their sound but I really don't see it happening.