most promising new band?

Во Скорбях, easily. The Russian/Eastern European scene is the only one producing anything I find to be truly innovative or interesting lately, and I find this band to be the best of them. Brooding doom metal with heavy Slavic folk influence, especially vocally. Their s/t debut was just released a few months ago. Fans of Drudkh and Крода should take note.
Mmmhhhmmmm.

Augury and Negativa. I didn't like Negativa's demo very much, but then again, I didn't like Gorguts' at all either. I'm hopeful for the future.

Then what the fuck are you calling them promising for? It's not your style...

???

Not sure you understood me... I was saying that although I did not really like Negativa's demo, I still think they have really, really good potential for the future (i.e. they are promising) because everyone in that band is a death metal veteran AND several are ex-gorguts members. I didn't enjoy Gorguts' early material, but I love Obscura and to a lesser extent The Erosion of Sanity and From Wisdom to Hate. In other words, although I might not like what Negativa just released, I could easily see myself loving their full length, or whatever comes down the road.

Oh. Dude, I DID misread. I didn't notice the apostrophe after "Gorguts" in your original post. Sorry!

But anyway, I also think Negativa are very promising. I love their EP, actually.

Oh. Dude, I DID misread. I didn't notice the apostrophe after "Gorguts" in your original post. Sorry!

But anyway, I also think Negativa are very promising. I love their EP, actually.

Hehe it's alright. Apostrophes can definitely be tricky. I'm surprised you actually thought I *didn't* like Gorguts since I'm probably their biggest fanboy. I should probably give Negativa's EP another shot though, Obscura definitely took me a while to appreciate.

I just checked out Necros Christos and after one listen through their debut I don't understand the hype. They seem decent but not deserving of the accolades they receive.

Augury and Negativa. I didn't like Negativa's demo very much, but then again, I didn't like Gorguts' at all either. I'm hopeful for the future.

I did not like the Negativa demo either. Luc Lemay has not done anything for years and puts this together. I'm not looking forward to the fullength.

Agalloch.

I did not even like them for awile and now they are one of my favorite bands. Opeth and Agalloch should tour.

You have a point. To me they are new fresh and compared to the current scene are are godsent. I don't remember hearing much about Agalloch until they released the single for falling snow. The following up to ashes against the grain is going be heavily inticipated I would assume.