The Most Consistant Band Ever.

10293847 said:
Agreed. They are the most irritating live band i've seen. Such a novelty act.

"DOES ANYBODY LIKE GRINDCORRRRREE?!"
"HOW MANY OF YOU LIKE TO SMOKE WEED?!"

I swear, If I have to hear that idiot shout, "WE'D LIKE TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR STONED HEARTS..." again I'm gonna commit some serious homicide.

Hammerfall - you know what you're getting with every album - steel, victory, honor, templars and all that good stuff. (I am killing any punchlines that may get added here and saying "shit" isn't part of the consistency :) )

I have not found any that I like yet. All of Tristania's albums aren't spectacular or anything, but all of them have been decent, with a few stellar ones, if that counts. Can't think of anyone else.

MasterOLightning said:
Darkthrone is definitely quite consistant in terms of style.

I'd say Opeth is very consistent in terms of quality. There's not a ton of separation between any of their albums.
well yeah... you said it yourself... all opeth albums, while good, sound alike, which is less good.

Morpha said:
Blut Aus Nord, Burzum, Blind Guardian, Deathspell Omega, Death, Gorguts, Lunar Aurora, Drudkh, Ildjarn, and Wyrd all come to mind.

In my opinion.

Not after the first two, not the last two, not the last one, yes, yes, yes, don't know, fairly so, no, and no.

In my opinion.

Neurosis.

Very consistent output and also one of the few bands I can think of that have had almost no lineup changes throughout their career (and I believe those facts are probably related). I can't really think of any other bands that can match that off the top of my head.

I was stuck in 1987 with no internet (or cable or DVD goddammit) for the last 6 or 7 months. I crashed completely, lost like 80 gigs of music including all of my own demo recordings, and I didn't have the $ to do anything about it. But 'tis all gravy now. The new demo's coming in t-minus a month or so. Opeth/Borknagar/later-Emperor style epic stuff, with old-Nick Cave & SWANS style hate drudgery and Ephel Duath jazz parts.

As for the SYL show.... emmm... Siklid sucked entirely too much, and when the singer drunkenly dropped and broke my bass amp, I decided it was time get out. From what I heard, the audience response for them at the show was somewhere between mild indifference and standing outside till SYL came on.

Immortal have never failed to deliver which is a VERY rare quality.

Who said Radiohead? I agree - consistently shit