The Most Touching Song Ever

MetalHead666999

THEY SAY ANGELS DONT KILL
Oct 25, 2003
California
Visit site
What would you say is the most touching, moving song ever. Not depressing knowing that there was a thread for most depresing.

I would say, altough may seem odd cause the band sucks, This one song they did got to me, One More Time by Flaw, also Only the Strong by flaw, both versions of it, hardcore and with the piano.

In the context of 'Magnolia,' 'Wise Up' by Aimee Mann.

Otherwise, 'The Music of the Night' as performed by Michael Crawford. It is just... rousing, inspirational, and empowering in a very pure sense.

Ummm way to hard to decide THE most moving song ever. I will put Fiona Apple's "Never is a Promise" as it was the first song to really move me on such a deep level and remains one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, and to think she was only sixteen when she wrote the music!

This is in everyones subjective opinion right? I dont know if it would be metal for me, for whatever reason Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings gets me every time. Hm, Atrocity Exhibition by Joy Division puts me in a foul early 80's punk rocker type of mood.

If it is metal- or metalish, Id guess Id have to say Anathema's Judgement and ALternative 4, most of the songs are quite touching.

In the context of 'Magnolia,' 'Wise Up' by Aimee Mann.

I wasn't aware that you liked "Magnolia." Though many would refer to a lot of P.T. Anderson's work to be pretentious and self-indulgent, I must consent to being on the opposing side of that argument, as his films sway me the way few art does. I believe that if people were to "explore" his films rather than to merely sit back and accept what's on the surface, they'd likely unearth a great deal of depth that unfortunately isn't resonant in the majority of films the casual moviegoer would watch. That being said, I agree with you in regards to Aimee Mann's "Wise Up." The images that song evokes, particularly relating to "Magnolia," are personally so noteworthy and unquestionably unique.

Anathema's "One Last Goodbye" never fails to play on my emotions. Also of personal relevance to me are Tool's "Pushit," Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata," and Savatage's "Strange Wings," all exceptionally haunting in their own special way.

as far as metal goes...

"Watching Over Me" by Iced Earth

its about Jon Schaffer's best friend (bill blackman) who was killed right around when Jon started the band. Jon's friend bill actually came up with the name Iced Earth. The original name of the band was Purgatory, but when they started to get some exposure in florida Jon changed the name to Iced Earth to honor his friend.

Anathema - Deep, Anyone Anywhere, One Last Goodbye...basically all the Judgement songs..I LOVE that cd

Metallica - Fade To Black

Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven

Dream Theater - Metropolis (Part 1)