Most under-appreciated instrument in metal

• Synthesizer/(Keyboard)

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Jawharp

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Violin/(fiddle)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I don't know why any of those are listed because none (with the acception of synthesizers, to a degree) are commonly used in metal.

If any of those instruments were played in metal bands, they would be highly appreciated and widely acclaimed. I feel that your conclusions are prepostorous due to the fact that bass is widely used and is still considered shit.

Bad poll options imo. You don't even hear those instruments anywhere else than in ghey folk metal. However, I think that the bass guitar is the most unappreciated instrument in rock music general. Ignorant people tend to think that the bass is just for some extra feeling, but in reality the bass is basically the foundation of a song. Especially in heavy metal the bass is sometimes pretty underrated, although the genre has hundreds of very talented bassists. Maybe progressive rock/metal is the only genre that truely appreciates the bass to the max. However this is not the case all the time, but the main point in my post is that bass guitar work should be more appreciated.