Movies

Any fans of Sam Peckinpah here? Lurch?

I'm halfway through watching CROSS OF IRON and it fucking rules so far. This guy was doing stuff waaay before the likes of John Woo, including all the slo-mo action pieces. I have not seen his other movies: WILD BUNCH, STRAW DOGS, etc. Anyone seen his films?

Sam Peckinpah is the reason why whisky burns.

EDIT: Actually I was thinking about Sam Elliot, but the same applies.

yeah, he is lauded as an influence on a lot of the new wave indie guys ... can't say I really went deep into his catalog before but always planned to.
The ones you named above are his best known movies ...

THE GETAWAY ... original with McQueen was awesome and always wanted to see BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA

i just don't have time for shit lately ... my Netflix quueeueu is about 250 flicks right now.

What the fuck is up with I am Legend turning out to be some kind of religious tract?

I hate shit like this in movies because it ALWAYS confirms religious people's beliefs, but it's a fucking MOVIE, it is FICTION invented by writers not real life.

Bit of a spoiler alert...although it's impossible to not see this coming:

I hate how Will Smith's character is seen as some kind of cynic for not believing that lady's bullshit about hearing voices, and then of COURSE he is proven wrong in the end! The moral of the story: just have faith and do things without having any kinds of evidence to back it up, and most of all believe everything people tell you because, ultimately, they are right and your ass ends up dead. :puke:

Great movie until then though.

That part I actually had no problem with. It was the poor dialogue, predictable actions, and complete abruptness of the ending that I had a problem with.

so has anyone seen The Omega Man? or am i just old school.

it's the 70's version of the book I Am Legend with Charleton Heston as Neville

so has anyone seen The Omega Man? or am i just old school.

it's the 70's version of the book I Am Legend with Charleton Heston as Neville

I love the omega man. Heston kicks so much ass.

Though, when it comes down to it, The Last Man On Earth is still the best adaptation of the book.

How did you not have a problem with it? Even if you remove my personal religious opinions, it was basically the same "Oh we are meeting for a reason" bullcrap that other movies (I wasn't expecting it from this) pull in an attempt to explain otherwise impossible incident without have the poor writers actually have to come up with an explanation for this lady as deus ex machina.

I was very much enjoying the movie up until that fucking lady and her, apparently mute, child showed up.

Meh, I could care less about the religious overtones of the film. They were all over the place, from the beginning. The entire backstory laid out for the film was sort of a "These are things earthly beings should not be doing, leave it for divinity to remove it when the time has come to remove it".

Who cares what sort of message they're trying to pass along.