Movies

Wallace and Gromt: The Curse of the Were-rabbit which was a lot of fun and one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a long time. Recommended

Old-school hardcore clay animation > CGI computer plastic crap

On the subject of DDL, I just watched Gangs of New York and it is a fucking CRIME he didn't win an Oscar for his performance. I don't care who even won that year.

Best Actor (2002)
Adrien Brody -- The Pianist {"Wladyslaw Szpilman"} - Winner
Nicolas Cage -- Adaptation {"Charlie Kaufman & Donald Kaufman"}
Michael Caine -- The Quiet American {"Thomas Fowler"}
Daniel Day-Lewis -- Gangs of New York {"Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting"}
Jack Nicholson -- About Schmidt {"Warren Schmidt"}

Best Film (2002)
Chicago -- Martin Richards, Producer - Winner
Gangs of New York -- Alberto Grimaldi and Harvey Weinstein, Producers
The Hours -- Scott Rudin and Robert Fox, Producers
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers -- Barrie M. Osborne, Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson, Producers
The Pianist -- Roman Polanski, Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde, Producers

Zod

Those were the worst Oscar wins ever. The rest of those guys are like high-school drama club members compared to DDL, even Nicholson. Jack is a caricature of himself; he doesn't really act.

Those were the worst Oscar wins ever. The rest of those guys are like high-school drama club members compared to DDL, even Nicholson. Jack is a caricature of himself; he doesn't really act.

Again, I have to agree here. DDL not winning that year is an absolute crime. Jack wins or gets nominated for those types of things based on stature rather than substance nowadays.

If you really want to see a tour de force from Nicholson, try Chinatown.

As for Chicago? How many people even remember that one nowadays? Gangs of New York and The Two Towers were the only films from that list with any staying power. (With Gangs... being the best hands down).

Again, I have to agree here. DDL not winning that year is an absolute crime. Jack wins or gets nominated for those types of things based on stature rather than substance nowadays.

If you really want to see a tour de force from Nicholson, try Chinatown.

As for Chicago? How many people even remember that one nowadays? Gangs of New York and The Two Towers were the only films from that list with any staying power. (With Gangs... being the best hands down).
In general, these awards are a joke. Although the Grammys are by far the worst, the Oscars don't carry much credibility with me.

It always seems that they give out awards to movies that no one actually sees. The last award show I watched most of the time after they announced the winner I thought "I don't know anyone who saw that movie".