Movies

saw bits of The Wrestler and it looks pretty damn great ...
been on somewhat of a Rourke kick lately. wathed Year of the Dragon and have Pope of Grenwhich Village on the way.

watching early 80's Rourke makes me think that Bruce Willis stole some of schtick ...

Indeed, Lurch, Bruce Willis is a total Mickey Rourke rip-off. However, as Rourke went insane a few years after achieving a modest stardom, Willis managed to take it all straight to the bank for the next twenty-plus years.

I put my NetDicks account on hold a few months ago and it automatically restarted yesterday, much to my chagrin, as I'm a bit too busy to remember that kind of thing. So they've gone ahead and charged my credit card....but I can't remember my password :lol: The email they were supposed to send me to get a new password simply never arrived.

Slumdog Millionaire is hands down the movie of 08. Produced by Brits, acted by punjabis. The story features a young 18 yr old Muslim who lands a spot on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Mumbai Edition*. Professionals from all walks of life fail to get past 16,000 rupees, while this young lad goes on a roll that has all of India choking on their filafel. Accused of cheating, a series of flashbacks explains how his life journey provided him with the answers. Truly epic in every sense of the word, with a matching score that would send shivers down your spine. My eyes watered on four separate occasions,so I can only imagine the tears to be flowed from this forum's pink retinas.

I'll try my best brother. Aurel, how was Gomorrah? I'm about to dled it for tonight's cinematic indulgence. I had pretty much lost all interest in cinema, up until recently when I was restored with a new vigor for the silver screen.

Also, have you heard of "Let the right one in"? It's a Swedish vampire film that is all the rave on the independent circuit.

have not watched Gomorrah yet bros ... will need some drinks, a stogie along with some friends to yell at the screen.
doesn't look like a solitary venture.

not sure aobut that vampire flick ... but if you want to see blood sucking, check out Woody Allen's Vicky Christina Barcelona

i finally signed up for netflix last night.

Funny, I terminated my blockbuster online account 3 nights ago. I had it for about 2+ years, and spent a total of $300 in subscription fees for a total of 20+ films. I'd be better off buying dvds blind. :erk: I've decided to simply dled flicks from this Masons board in which I'm a member of. I blow enough cash on music, where I can do this in clear conscious.

Aurel, synopsis for the Swedish Vampire flick.

Oskar, a bullied 12-year old, dreams of revenge. He falls in love with Eli, a peculiar girl. She can't stand the sun or food and to come into a room she needs to be invited. Eli gives Oskar the strength to hit back but when he realizes that Eli needs to drink other peoples blood to live he's faced with a choice. How much can love forgive? Let The Right One In is a story both violent and highly romantic, set in the Stockholm suburb of Blackeberg in 1982.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,
I just read the book for "Let the right one in", but haven't seen the movie yet. It's gotten good reviews and I want to see it.

The acting in Revolutionary Road takes a minimalist plot and creates a bridge to somewhere (probably Russia). Two hours went by in a flash, and really nothing of importance happens until the end. DiCaprio, a man who we all thought was a pickle sniffing queer from his roles in the 90's, has shaped up to be one of the better actors of the 21st century. This man is to the theatrical arts, as EricT is to supervising immigrant labor. The plot really is bare bones. Winslet wishes to pursue the unknown by uprooting from Suburbia U.S to the city of Paris oui oui. DiCaprio decides otherwise and dives in to the deep end of middle class monotony to fulfill his responsibilities as a man. Many loveless nights fill the screen.

This is a relationship movie by men for men. Which is clearly proven by the final scene. 2 thumbs up.

so Red Dawn, like the best movie ever, will be remade.

i just hope they dont turn it into some bullshit freedom-is-not-free God-bless-america bullshit movie. the first one was so not like that.

watched the first hour and a half of Ran, so awesome but i'll have to finish it later i had to go to bed...starting that movie at midnight is a bad idea

so Red Dawn, like the best movie ever, will be remade.

fuck that i'm so tired of fucking remakes, fuck you fuckin' hollywood :mad:

Slumdog Millionaire is hands down the movie of 08. Produced by Brits, acted by punjabis. The story features a young 18 yr old Muslim who lands a spot on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Mumbai Edition*. Professionals from all walks of life fail to get past 16,000 rupees, while this young lad goes on a roll that has all of India choking on their filafel. Accused of cheating, a series of flashbacks explains how his life journey provided him with the answers. Truly epic in every sense of the word, with a matching score that would send shivers down your spine. My eyes watered on four separate occasions,so I can only imagine the tears to be flowed from this forum's pink retinas.

hmmm ... I finally watched this yesterday as i was very excited by the reviews, hype and the fact that Danny Boyle can do no wrong.

And he did no wrong, its a super competent movie, but I think the hype is from people that never in their life saw a Bollywood movie from beginning to end. I have seen quite a few in my life and to tell you the truth there are 100's of them coming out every year that rival SM in production values or story telling. So I am not getting the hype, as the story was very simple, typical Bollywood.

Or maybe was it because a Brit was able to pull it off?!??!