Movies

W.
Thandie Newton is hilarious in this.

Kevin Smith is a joke. How can someone with an IQ over 90 even watch his drivel? Ok, yeah, so I saw Clerks back when it came out. It was funny. I WAS FUCKING EIGHTEEN. Cussing and pussy jokes. Oh haha. Move on guys.

W.
Thandie Newton is hilarious in this.

Kevin Smith is a joke. How can someone with an IQ over 90 even watch his drivel? Ok, yeah, so I saw Clerks back when it came out. It was funny. I WAS FUCKING EIGHTEEN. Cussing and pussy jokes. Oh haha. Move on guys.

yeah i sort of agree. i never really thought any of his stuff was that good. definitely simple humour

I really liked Zack & Miri... not as much as some of Smith's earlier films, but perhaps that's because I don't think there was a character in it as iconic as Jay & Silent Bob. I would have loved to see more of Jason Mewes as Lester 'The Molester' - stole every scene he was in. I think the supposedly formulaic nature of the film may have been a reaction to criticism that Smith's other movies don't have a plot so much as they have characters delivering witty monologues - this one had some forward momentum (although it did sag dramatically after Zack moved out of Miri's apartment, but then again, in came Lester with his Dutch Rudder talk to inject some much-needed filthy levity into the proceedings). So, yeah, not my favourite Smith flick, but still far better than whatever lame shit Dane Cook is starring in lately.
I agree on Mewes. However, the plot development was awful. That scene in the basement, when they're editing the film and reviewing love scene between Zack and Miri, was just pathetic. As for the Dane Cook reference, I thought "My Best Friend's Girl" was infinitely funnier than Z&M.

Craig Robinson slayed as well as Gerry Bednob.

The problem with Smith is he sucks at getting convincing performances out of his actors. His stories and dialogue usually rule though.
Robinson was excellent. Unfortunately, Smith's wonderful dialog was no where to be found in this film.

Clerks isn't really a comedy and never understood why people consider it so
What film genre would you put it it. If it's not a comedy, than it's the funniest non-comedy I've ever seen and infinitely funnier than 99% of all comedies.

Zod

W.

all of his films have a heart to them. The characters are always pieces of shit, with feelings.

Clerks has some of the best dialog in any comedy ever.

I'd just consider it a drama, there are some funny sequences but I wouldn't say overall its a comedy. Kevin smith said himself he didn't make it as a comedy

I still have to see Clerks and Dogma again.

I was either too stoned or too tired to enjoy those at the time. Mallrats and Jay & Silent Bob were awesome, Chasing Amy and Clerks 2 were ok.

I'd just consider it a drama, there are some funny sequences but I wouldn't say overall its a comedy. Kevin smith said himself he didn't make it as a comedy
A movie about a guy who finally realizes he should choose the chick who sucked 37 dicks, over the chick he's always idealized (who accidentally fucks a dead guy) is dramatic? It's a hysterical movie, with no dramatic scenes. I really don't see how it can be classified as anything but a comedy. Obviously... just my opinion.

Zod

i think if you go into Smith movies expecting some plot that makes sense or wait for him to deliver his masterpiece, you will be dissapointed.
sometimes its just a few scenes in each flick that make it all worthwhile. I look at them like when you watch those comedy hours with 6 different comedians, 5 might suck, but there is that one guy that kills and makes the entire hour worth it.

Watchmen was pretty damn good. There were a few alterations that kinda made me wonder why they did it that way, but even with that, a very solid flick.

At least they named the machine SQUID. Kinda eases the pain to all the fanboys who wanted the fucking squid. :lol:

And I'm also glad that horrid cover of Desolation Row was played during the credits and not during the ending.

You dropped the cocks out of your hands just to tell me that? Better pick them back up and get back to work. Wouldn't want anyone blue-balling at Dallas' premier glory hole. Larry Craig is an impatient man.

You dropped the cocks out of your hands just to tell me that? Better pick them back up and get back to work. Wouldn't want anyone blue-balling at Dallas' premier glory hole. Larry Craig is an impatient man.

I had sex ten minutes ago while you're conversing about cocks. enjoy your Saturday night.