Movies

The acting in Revolutionary Road takes a minimalist plot and creates a bridge to somewhere (probably Russia). Two hours went by in a flash, and really nothing of importance happens until the end. DiCaprio, a man who we all thought was a pickle sniffing queer from his roles in the 90's, has shaped up to be one of the better actors of the 21st century. This man is to the theatrical arts, as EricT is to supervising immigrant labor. The plot really is bare bones. Winslet wishes to pursue the unknown by uprooting from Suburbia U.S to the city of Paris oui oui. DiCaprio decides otherwise and dives in to the deep end of middle class monotony to fulfill his responsibilities as a man. Many loveless nights fill the screen.

This is a relationship movie by men for men. Which is clearly proven by the final scene. 2 thumbs up.

lol... the final scene ruled.

watched this last night, and while I am a Leo fan, his mega star status ruined the everyman character he was portraying for me.
Acting wise he was good, but nothing he didn't do already 15 years ago in This Boy's Life for example.

And Winslet I wanted to smack myself as Leo was too much of a puss to do so. What did she contribute to that household besides constantly peeling potatoes and nagging?

Slumdog Millionaire.
Disturbing. NO ONE in America, especially "underserved", inner city populations need ever bitch and moan about their circumstances. It's fucking embarrasing.
Anyway, good movie.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it "superb". There could have been more. I think it was on par with "Hostel", maybe a little better.
Also, it could've been me having sex with those chicks and not those actors pretending to. Stupid actors and their pretending.

Had a very nice movie weekend...

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - excellent. Penelope Cruz rocks.

My Best Friend's Girl - funny fucking movie

Rambo - surprisingly good. The documentary on Burma was fucked up.

Zod

watched blade runner for the first time in a while last night :headbang:

hellllllllllll yeah

blade-runner.jpg

along with 2001, BR is my pick for a movie to put on if you have insomnia ... even though they are both brilliant as fuck you need to watch them after you had a box of chocolates and some redbull

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

damn you Max ... now i want to see it again. never watched it on a big screen in a new HD treatment

along with 2001, BR is my pick for a movie to put on if you have insomnia ... even though they are both brilliant as fuck you need to watch them after you had a box of chocolates and some redbull

:lol:

I've loved the move since I was maybe 14, but I could NEVER stay awake through the whole thing, watched it only in bits and pieces, until a couple years ago when I just got really into it and managed to last from beginning to end!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

you know, the tears in rain bit was ad-libbed :headbang: