Movies

prequel you say ... i hope not.

wikipedia said:
The film was originally intended as a direct prequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien; however, the events of the film will not precede any of the previously established characters or story lines from the Alien franchise.

evidently it started out as a prequel but after a rewrite they sort of abandoned that idea

its been getting surprisingly great reviews across the board ... must say that I haven't dug any of the films in the series ... will this one change my mind?

Surveillance pretty good. Not sure why all the negative reviews. Too dark, maybe? *shrugs* No darker than Texas Chainsaw Massacre

is there some interesting stuff going on in this flick? twists, turns ... surprises. David Lynch's daughter directed it ya know ....

CONTAGION ... better than the trailer made it out to be (selling it like a semi action flick, which it was not)

is there some interesting stuff going on in this flick? twists, turns ... surprises. David Lynch's daughter directed it ya know ....
Hmmm...yeah, I suppose. The twist might be obvious to you but I was fooled for quite awhile. It's an OK flick. Not Lynchian at all, though, if that's what you're looking for.

meaning I'm not very good at recognizing twists in movies. Quite bad actually but then again, it's because I immerse myself in the movie and let it take me where the director intended. You're probably more analytical and perceptive than I am

Hardly. I approach them the same way you do and just let them suck me in. IF they deliver in spades I seek out a lot more info about them.

I don't watch movies like Erik listens to music :loco:

You should watch it then. It's streaming on Netflix.

I saw Fair Game last night. It's good.

hahaha I kept thinking about that...wasn't one of the Baldwins in it, too?

anyway...nah, this is the movie based on Valerie Plame's book of the same name

THE IDES OF MARCH ... terrific!

Liked that even though it was riddled with big names all pretty much dissapeared into their characters.

Seymour Hoffman and Giammati were especially great as rival campaign managers.