Movies

Hmmm...yeah, I suppose. The twist might be obvious to you but I was fooled for quite awhile. It's an OK flick. Not Lynchian at all, though, if that's what you're looking for.

saw it. there was some Lynchian vibe for sure especially in the bizarro characters. not a bad flick ... but the acting was of the Showtime 2am movie type variety.

there is a rather huge plot hole in this movie as I thought about it last night ... how did "they" get from the pileup scene to whereever they went when all the cars were wrecked and the 3 witnesses were right on the scene? ... in the middle of FUCKING NOWHERE!

saw DREAM HOUSE last night ... now this one I figured out one of the twists in like 10 minutes.

not bad ... but you've seen it all before.

Contagion.
Usually movies are all about:
a - entertainment/fun/visual pleasure
b - deep sense that keeps you busy with thoughts while you're on a shitter for a few days after watching a film
c - both

This movie had none of above. Pointless conception, pointless story. Just a big fail. Wasted time. Oh and thank you for obligating me to watch Gwyneth Paltrow's dry-fish anorexic mug.

tinker tailor soldier spy, yesterday

i don't know. good movie i guess but a bit too overblown and confusing, building up to a finale that was pretty underwhelming in the end

it would probably have been better if i had read the book beforehand, which is not a compliment to a movie based on a book

have to check this out ... mostly because a lot of it was filmed in Budapest.

underwhelming ending you say?

well the ending is alright i guess but it just seemed like it was building up to something more

the story is pretty convoluted at first and some of the scenes are shown out of order time-wise without it being immediately obvious, you should go into it pretty alert and prepared to memorize the names, faces and roles of a number of dismal, brown-clad british men

i was still :confused: after ~half the movie

maybe i'm just stupid

also, budapest maybe 10 minutes out of 2+ hours

hmm, the visuals in that clip felt very "set-up" ... especially that wind walk ... i could practically hear the wind maker behind the camera. :loco:

what is it with Tarr and the wind machine???

Hungary is NEVER that windy.

Last edited by a moderator: