Movies

My friend and I just fixed my
Replaced the two bad capacitors
Was pretty damn easy.

yeh ive got a 55 rear projection mitsubishi that quit working and i think its a similar capacitor problem but ive been too much of a lazy scumbag to fix it for quite awhile. living room has a projector with huge 130" or something wide screen so i just watch movies there, makes it easy to be lazy and not fix my tv. also why i never go to movie theaters anymore, they dont let me drink beers and take bongrips like the home theater.

Few things are more entertaining than Alien Resurrection. It's got Brad Dourif for fuck's sake!

24 hours later Prometheus is still fucking amazing. I don't know if in 20 years it will hold up against Alien and Blade Runner, but who knows, it might.

Why do all 5 Alien movies rule? THE FUCKING BIRTHING SCENES. :kickass:

hmm ... now you say it rules ... seems like a love/hate thing with this one ... means I'll probably dig it.

ok i only own Alien (on a two-pack with Predator i think \m/), and ive also seen Aliens a few times and i like em both and i am interested in seeing the others, should i just grab that boxset from amazon thats around $20? are 3 and 4 worth owning?

I'm a pretty big dork for sci-fi though. Even bad sci-fi gets me somewhat excited. Resurrection I like because it's bizarre. I'm not a huge fan of Alien 3, but since it's fucking Alien, I still really enjoy it. Hell I liked 2010 for fuck's sake. :Spin:

I think if I were to give a run down of Prometheus it's average to above average in most aspects, but a few select characters and scenes just kicked my ass. And it let the audience figure out what they thought was going on in the whole Big Picture sense, which I always appreciate. I hate being handed shit on a plate, if I wanted that I'd still watch 22 minute melodramatic strips of tripe.

Amazon had all 4 movies on Blu-Ray as a box set for $29 ... a week before Prometheus came out.
might happen again.

i also realized that Alien and 3 had a very British vibe ... while Aliens was unmistakeably American.

Caught a bit of Alien Resurrection on tv last night. I hadn't seen that since it came out at the theaters when I was 12 or 13, but that scene near the end when the halfbreed alien baby dies...is just as disturbing to me now as it was then. Seriously SAD. :(

Caught a bit of Alien Resurrection on tv last night. I hadn't seen that since it came out at the theaters when I was 12 or 13, but that scene near the end when the halfbreed alien baby dies...is just as disturbing to me now as it was then. Seriously SAD. :(
Fo' realz that scene always gets to me. Also the Ripleys bit too, shit is all kinds of fucked up.

Alien Resurrection still rules. Wimps and poseurs, leave the hall.

Alien Resurrection still rules. Wimps and poseurs, leave the hall.

Right on ... just finished it ... better than 3 and the director was the dude that did Amelie and City of Lost Children ...

so final ranking ...

1. Alien
2. Resurrection
3. 3
4. Aliens

:popcorn: