Movies

instant queue definitely has more good tv shows that movies, but right now in the horror section are some argento, some carpenter, creepshow, videodrome, etc. you could probably look a little harder

:lol:
I always seem to end up with the worst Canadian "horror" movies. The other day I forced myself to finish Messages Deleted :lol: I have to say though that without my penchant for these Canuck flicks, I would've never stumbled upon Trick 'R Treat which is ace

Netflix has a great foreign section. Which I can't seem to catch up with.

Also torrents Dorian. Torrents.

ok, you're ready?

Alien 3 > Aliens

was my first viewing of Alien 3 ... can't believe I waited this long ... it had the gritty nature of the 1st one and the slower more contemplative pace.
although at the same time I think it was 15 minutes too long (but all Fincher movies are)

ok, you're ready?

Alien 3 > Aliens

was my first viewing of Alien 3 ... can't believe I waited this long ... it had the gritty nature of the 1st one and the slower more contemplative pace.
although at the same time I think it was 15 minutes too long (but all Fincher movies are)

Absolutely not.

Saw Moonrise Kingdom. It's pretty damn ace, if you go into it expecting to see a really pretty-looking cartoon with quirky characters and quirky dialogue.

Basically if you've always hated Wes Anderson, this will not change your mind. At all.

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I'll say that this is probably his best. Ed Norton kills.

I believe Alien 3 was the first time I ever heard the word "fuck" used repeatedly in a movie.

Those Aliens action figures kicked ass. My favorite was the one that exploded.

Alien > Aliens
Prometheus > Avatar
Ridley Scott 2, James Cameron 0

Abitrary comparison. Blade Runner is better than anything Cameron's done, but he's certainly more consistent. Ridley has lots of duds in his filmography.

i can't imagine AVATAR on a TV screen ... it was so grandiose with ridiculous visual details on 3D IMAX that I can't imagine it on anything that you can watch at home ... would be like watching it on a Sony Watchman ...
and certainly I would not watch it for the story.

Saw Moonrise Kingdom. It's pretty damn ace, if you go into it expecting to see a really pretty-looking cartoon with quirky characters and quirky dialogue.

Basically if you've always hated Wes Anderson, this will not change your mind. At all.

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I'll say that this is probably his best. Ed Norton kills.

i am sure getting high before watching it helps ..

i can't imagine AVATAR on a TV screen ... it was so grandiose with ridiculous visual details on 3D IMAX that I can't imagine it on anything that you can watch at home ... would be like watching it on a Sony Watchman ...
and certainly I would not watch it for the story.

I have a 60 inch Pioneer Kuro (best television ever made) and the blu-ray. It looks way better than what I saw in theaters.

hmm ... interesting. i trust your opinion as a sci-fi head (which I am really not beyond the obvious mega blockbusters)

I do like Fassbender (after seeing SHAME ... go see it already dudes) and I hear his robot was kind of cool if rather aimless.

well ... now this movie certainly has me intrigued.

Watched Shame last night, was a pretty good character portrayal but I feel like I missed the point or there wasn't...but very good movie