Movies

lurch70 said:
so Tully and krig your problem with the new one was one that it was too philosophical and less action?

Not at all. It just wasnt good.
Characters sucked. Wasnt scary at all.
Trust me. I can enjoy a bad movie. I did not enjoy Prometheus at all.

so Tully and krig your problem with the new one was one that it was too philosophical and less action?

No, it just wasn't very good. Lol at it being 'philosophical' in any way. Pretending to be so, maybe. Actually being so, not at all. Trust me, I was very much hoping for something amazing and 'philosophical' like I said.

After all these years of 'extended universe' development and such, the Alien/Predator universe is plenty deep and very interesting. Prometheus didn't really add anything too it, at all.

No, it just wasn't very good. Lol at it being 'philosophical' in any way. Pretending to be so, maybe. Actually being so, not at all. Trust me, I was very much hoping for something amazing and 'philosophical' like I said.

After all these years of 'extended universe' development and such, the Alien/Predator universe is plenty deep and very interesting. Prometheus didn't really add anything too it, at all.

hmm ... interesting. i trust your opinion as a sci-fi head (which I am really not beyond the obvious mega blockbusters)

I do like Fassbender (after seeing SHAME ... go see it already dudes) and I hear his robot was kind of cool if rather aimless.

well ... now this movie certainly has me intrigued.

hmm ... interesting. i trust your opinion as a sci-fi head (which I am really not beyond the obvious mega blockbusters)

I do like Fassbender (after seeing SHAME ... go see it already dudes) and I hear his robot was kind of cool if rather aimless.

well ... now this movie certainly has me intrigued.

He was pretty good and such, semi-interesting. But I've been seeing him compared to Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner, which he doesn't come close to reaching.

The movie isn't garbage or anything. It's that it's at most equally as 'deep' as the original films story-wise, if not less deep, yet it doesn't bring ANY of the same character/story/etc. amazing-ness to the table.

Take an Alien movie...and take out the Aliens, the Marines, the darkness/grittiness, all of the interesting characters, and add some pseudo-religious-philosophy that is never even expanded upon (though the whole point of the plot is that 'OMG ITZ GOING 2 BE REVEEELED!'), and you'll be in the ballpark of this film.

Well, let's face it there were never any interesting "characters" in the first 2 films save for the aliens themselves. Curious about 3 and Resurection which I am going to catch tonight.

Well, let's face it there were never any interesting "characters" in the first 2 films save for the aliens themselves. Curious about 3 and Resurection which I am going to catch tonight.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, even if it's just because I'm a fanboy, haha.

The Aliens themselves are a HUGE character (the most important character in the first and plural in the rest) and are awesome/interesting/'cool'/well developed. The Colonial Marines are very cool characters too man. And the Weyland guys, and Newt, and Ripley's development throughout the films ala: Sarah Conner, and the rest of the humans.

I just feel were on a different wavelength here, I loved all the characters and the first was great as a thriller and the second was great as an action flick.

maybe in 3 or 4 Ripley gets developed more but in 1 and 2 she BARELY has a back story

I think of Alien as her back-story. She doesn't really need anything beyond that. That's what made her into what she became. Just like the first Terminator forged Sarah Connor.

i can agree with both the above posts ...

i remember when ALIENS came out it got mixed reviews like Prometheus, from the critics especially who felt it was a lot more commercial.

Fear Island.....the worst movie Ive ever seen. Netflix Instant has a bunch of real stinkers.....and not much else

instant queue definitely has more good tv shows that movies, but right now in the horror section are some argento, some carpenter, creepshow, videodrome, etc. you could probably look a little harder

Also, must add my fanboy vote for Cemetary Man. Great movie
Fuck yeah. :kickass: I'd say my two favoUrite movie genres are cheesy horror and art faggotry, and that one combined both.

I watched Blair Witch 2 tonight. Okay horror movie with a fantastic ending.

Dorian you need to search better. :lol: Instank Cue has thousands of amazing movies.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Pandorum was fun. Great mood. I watched it drunk because it was the Dark Ages of non-HD Netfux and looked a little fuzzy. Excellent critters.

EDITx2: I watched Midnight in Paris last night. I loved it, and it will be responsible for me trying to read Hemingway again, whom I hated the first go-round.