Movies

yeah looking forward to Prometheus regardless ... what were you guys expecting really?

The Alien movies were great moody sci-fi and not much else for me ... great at that though.

Blade Runner > Alien

I love Alien and Blade Runner. Honestly they both just keep getting better with time.

Gonna see Prometheus tomorrow.

watching all 4 Alien movies before checking out Prometheus ...

Alien is amazing on all levels ... Aliens (watching now, have not seen it since it's theatrical release in '86) suffers from bad casting ... Paxton, Paul Riser (wearing skinny ties) and the rest of the loser Marine crew are horribly written/cast.

never seen 3 and Resurrection so looking forward to those.

I bought the Alien boxset on Bluray in anticipation of Prometheus. We had an Alien marathon a few weeks ago but only watched the first two films because most of us just got drunk as shit instead of starting the movies at 4pm like planned (more like 9pm, whoops). Part 2 is this weekend, a friend of mine made me promise that we wouldn't get as fuckin' hammered as we did the first time. LOLZ yeah right she's my best drinking buddy these days, I think 90% of my 48 hour hangovers involve her in some way.

Alien Resurrection rules. Most people hate it. It's... different. I love it, but I'm a huge fan of Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Alien 3 is my least favoUrite, but there is a lot to enjoy there. I love Aliens when I want shoot-them-up stuff. And the first is a god damn masterpiece. Thus endeth my opinion, or something.

Cemetary Man. Jebus fuck. I don't know if I've ever rented a move and then purchased it as soon as the credits were over, until that one. Arthouse Zombie Flick, WTF AMAZING.

I tried watching that a few years ago, didn't like it. Falls in love with zombie girl right?

And Aliens is awesome man! Great 80's action flick, and Paxton's character is hilarious, such a whiner haha

I LOVE Aliens, the characters are so awesome in that.
My favorite military unit in a movie, ever. (well, behind Predator of course)
Hudson is a classic. "game over man, game *voice crack* over"

Just watched 13 Assassins. Great fucking movie, brutal as hell.

Also, must add my fanboy vote for Cemetary Man. Great movie

I can't explain my feelings about Prometheus. I was so, so excited, love the franchise, got very excited, midnight IMAX tickets, etc.

...it was incredibly disappointing. Not because it wasn't generally cool, just because of my own expectations.

I LOVE Aliens, the characters are so awesome in that.
My favorite military unit in a movie, ever. (well, behind Predator of course)
Hudson is a classic. "game over man, game *voice crack* over"

I agree here my man.

I can't wait for people to start pretending Prometheus is some-how better than the rest of the franchise because of it's quasi-'deep' pretenses. Give me a break.

I didn't hate it, but it certainly wasn't all that good.

Yes:

Aliens02.jpg

No:

06-06prometheus_full_600.jpg

Also, the only way this is even a quasi-prequel is because it takes place in the same universe as the rest of the films and it involves the Wayland-Yutani Corporation.

In that case, Pulp Fiction is the sequel to Reservoir Dogs just because all of Tarantino movies take place in the same universe.

Oh yea, and so whoever hasn't seen it yet doesn't have to sit through the end credits to see the 'extra footage', here it is, just this:

WeylandFinalFootageCreditstagtsr4.jpg

Pretty good concept website site, at least.

Well the first 2 Alien flicks were the blueprint for the genre. Not sure when you guys saw them last but they have a very thin plot and were really begging for some depth considering the overall premise. Of course when I saw them as a teen with no prior similar films except star wars as a reference they were awesomely jaw dropping. They still stood the test of time.

so Tully and krig your problem with the new one was one that it was too philosophical and less action?