Movies

jeah, well TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A. was the last one that really kicked ass but that was 85

The Town? ... i didn't see the Heat bits ... and I've seen Heat loads of times ... there really is no way to rip off a Mann movie.

i think Affleck proved himself with the first 2 flicks ... both were solid movies/stories.

this Argo looks like the most ambitious yet.

now only if he would also take himself out of the cast.

I fell asleep watching The Avengers last night. I was pretty drunk (see scotch thread) by the time we got into the 10:45pm showing, and kept wondering why the movie sucked. It was probably because, as already stated, I was mostly drunk and often asleep.
NAD said:
I've never fallen asleep in a movie theatre.
NAD said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Guess I'll have to rent it now. It'll probably be on DVD in like 3 weeks.

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS (S. Korean)

if you've seen THE UNINVITED, which is the American remake, maybe skip it although it is much creepier overall.

I watched A Tale of Two Sisters awhile ago, I liked it but at the same time didn't find it all that good. I liked the kitchen scene. And it was a bit fucked up, so yippee.

The Man Who Would Be King kicked my fucking dick in. Also watched Melancholia and really enjoyed it. I have another von Trier movie at home right now, probably watch tonight. I think I discussed Dogville earlier in this thread but HOLY LIVING FUCK BEST MOVIE EVVVVVVVAAAAAARRRRR or at least pretty close to it.

Went on a Cronenberg movie kick a few weeks ago, Scanners, A Dangerous Method, and History of Violence. All glorious in their own way, even if A Dangerous Method was pretty "normal" n' stuff. About a year after I watched Spider I finally grew to appreciate it, although I really didn't enjoy it at the time.

The Long Kiss Goodnight was terrible and by terrible I mean awesome. I've finally grown an appreciation for really stupid action movies. It's like jerking off: nothing fancy, kinda dumb, but has to be done. Maybe I'll go back and watch some Michael Mann stuff so lurch can respect me in the morning. :loco:

I watched A Tale of Two Sisters awhile ago, I liked it but at the same time didn't find it all that good. I liked the kitchen scene. And it was a bit fucked up, so yippee.

The Man Who Would Be King kicked my fucking dick in. Also watched Melancholia and really enjoyed it. I have another von Trier movie at home right now, probably watch tonight. I think I discussed Dogville earlier in this thread but HOLY LIVING FUCK BEST MOVIE EVVVVVVVAAAAAARRRRR or at least pretty close to it.

Went on a Cronenberg movie kick a few weeks ago, Scanners, A Dangerous Method, and History of Violence. All glorious in their own way, even if A Dangerous Method was pretty "normal" n' stuff. About a year after I watched Spider I finally grew to appreciate it, although I really didn't enjoy it at the time.

The Long Kiss Goodnight was terrible and by terrible I mean awesome. I've finally grown an appreciation for really stupid action movies. It's like jerking off: nothing fancy, kinda dumb, but has to be done. Maybe I'll go back and watch some Michael Mann stuff so lurch can respect me in the morning. :loco:

Cronenberg is the man. My favorite films by him are Dead Ringers, The Fly, and The Brood. See those if you haven't.