Movies

:lol: Speaking of, got dragged to Moonrise Kingdom last night. I fucking loathe Wes Anderson

Used to hate him because all the hipsters loved him, but I love his stuff these days, although I wasn't huge on Moonrise Kingdom. Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and Life Aquatic are awesome. Atleast he has his own style.

I need to go see that before it's outta theaters, think i'll see The Watch because it seems to be the year of the Comedy(That's my Boy and Ted were worth admission) and then that new one with Aubrey Plaza, because I love her.

Used to hate him because all the hipsters loved him, but I love his stuff these days, although I wasn't huge on Moonrise Kingdom. Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and Life Aquatic are awesome. Atleast he has his own style.

In the '90s I thought I was the only person on the planet to have seen Bottle Rocket and Rushmore and I liked The Royal Tennenbaums so much that I actually bought the movie (an honor bestowed only upon two other movies: Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead). When Life Aquatic came out I was like, "this is the same schtick!!" and then it dawned on me that Wes Anderson is a one-hit wonder who keeps replaying the same annoying gimmick over and over. Darjeeling Limited was an endurance test of mental torture. Moonrise Kingdom is more of the same and is completely devoid of laughs. I didn't even crack a smile.

Just saw Batman. I have one question:

Why in the HELL would ANYONE want to live in Gotham City???????

about to watch I MELT WITH YOU ....

I am very surprised to see so many bad reviews. I first wanted to see this film because of the cast and I am an independent filmmaker that enjoys the oddball films.

What I loved most about this was the soundtrack mixed with this ever depressing plot. This film is Alexander Payne on cocaine. Yes it is depressing but so are legendary film such as Trainspotting.

Much like Trainspotting and the amazing Director Danny Boyle, this film has some of the most beautiful photography around. Weird and crazy, mostly out of focus and shaky/abnormal shot help portray the chaos of this film.

If you honestly sit and watch this film for what it is (an experiment to dive into the soul and inner thoughts of middle-aged men) and not the next Hollywood Blockbuster then I think people may enjoy it more.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like it could be totally awesome or totally melodramatic, depends on how realistic/over the top the drug scenes are. report back, my interest has been piqued!

watched a third so far ... then 101 Dalmatians ... now picking it up again.

so far everything is pretty realistic ... except the dialogue is rather duh ... hope there is some real weirdness coming.

well, it certainly takes a crazy turn ... and the use of music/soundtrack is the best I have heard in a very long time.

Sasha Grey comes and shows boobs.

overall though, as intense as it is ... the premise is waaaaay too far fetched.

go see it though ... it's a ride.

EDIT:
SOundtrack ....

SEX PISTOLS - Pretty Vacant
CRAMPS - Primitive
X - Los Angeles
DEEP 6 - The Lawn
LOVE AND ROCKETS - Kundalini Express
U2 - Out Of Control
PIXIES - Debaser
TALKING HEADS - Memories Can’t Wait
DEAD KENNEDYS - Holiday In Cambodia