Movies

GET THE GRINGO ... this kind of kicked ass .. .mindless action done well ... old school asshole Mel Gibson

THE DICTATOR ... the timing of the jokes stunk ... it was aiiight ... was expecting more.

I just watched The Watchmen on Saturday. I had just read the book. I thought it was fucking ace. Not really super hero though.

rorschach.jpg

:kickass:

I just watched The Watchmen on Saturday. I had just read the book. I thought it was fucking ace. Not really super hero though.

rorschach.jpg

:kickass:

definitely superhero, and definitely kickass
actualy I lump together anything that's been released as a comic book made not mostly for kids here ( like sin city even though it has no heroes) (btw where the hell is the second sin city movie??)

Also: The Expendables 2 will rock.

ive only read The Hard Goodbye, which was the Marv (mickey rourke) story, and it was pretty much exactly like the movie scene for scene and shot for shot. it was awesome, but didnt really provide any additional background, insight, or details. i feel reading watchmen as a companion to the movie is more 'helpful' to understanding and grasping the whole arc.

blah blah if you like badass comics about badass dudes tearin shit up go for it, i havent read more because i didnt want to spoil future movies

They are costumed heroes. They have no super powers, except Dr. Manhattan, so what do you mean?
like iron man, eh?
they're superheroes and that's that end of story, discussing where the line goes is still 3 levels (that's 19833 experience points) too nerdy for me.

Read all sin sity, it all rox (but some of it is weird)

while we're on the subject, i saw The Avengers last night, good flick as far as the less brutal pg13 hero movies go. might just as well have been called Thor 2, not that i have a problem with that. it was definitely nice to see a superhero movie that didnt waste the first half showing the origin story that everyone already knows, even those (like me) who dont read much, if any, comics.

now i gotta catch batman while it's still in IMAX!

CABIN IN THE WOODS ... oh boy ... had very high hopes for this one. pretty much every review said it turns the horror genre upside down.
yeah, into a bad spoof.

CABIN IN THE WOODS ... oh boy ... had very high hopes for this one. pretty much every review said it turns the horror genre upside down.
yeah, into a bad spoof.

Worst movie I've seen in theater in years. Only went to see it due to the lack of alternatives, and the general high praise. Who the hell enjoys this crud? Are the Evil Dead flicks this atrocious, because the last film of this type that everybody was fapping to Anchorage and back was Drag me to Hell, which may have been the biggest unintentional comedy I've seen. Ooooooooofa.

In other news, caught Total Recall the other day, seeing that I never saw the original with Arnold, it was highly enjoyable.

have not and will not see the new one; nevertheless almost 100% certain the original total recall is better (and it wasn't particularly memorable, except for the dystopian aesthetics i so have a weak spot for)

Worst movie I've seen in theater in years. Only went to see it due to the lack of alternatives, and the general high praise. Who the hell enjoys this crud? Are the Evil Dead flicks this atrocious, because the last film of this type that everybody was fapping to Anchorage and back was Drag me to Hell, which may have been the biggest unintentional comedy I've seen. Ooooooooofa.

In other news, caught Total Recall the other day, seeing that I never saw the original with Arnold, it was highly enjoyable.

Evil Dead is great (for its time) ... Drag me to Hell was more funny than anything ... but overall shit movie. Raimi is coming out with another similar one in a few months I think.

Cabin in the Woods was a notch below the Scream flicks really for satirizing the genre.

the thing is if they made it more "serious" with the same premise it might be been actually good.

Drag Me to Hell was a horrible pile o'fucking shit. Evil Dead is fucking awesome. Ye just gotta like those types of movies.

Cabin in the Woods looked like ass just like the majority of horror movies released (mainstream wise)