Movies

Haha its so fucking bad. I only watched the whole thing because i thought id see the black chick naked again :loco:

I only saw her somewhat nekkid at the beginning when they're all boning each other. Tonight Syfy's playing Daybreakers, which I really enjoyed at the theater, so I'm excited for that. And after that, DRAG ME TO HELL. Unintentional comedy my ass! Sam Raimi knew what he was doing ;)

She gets nekkid again after they get to the asylum in the uncut version. Yum!
Anyway...Daybreakers is pretty good

I thought Cabin In The Woods was pretty good. Watched ParaNorman the other night. Its going to raise alot of flack for some lines at the end but oh well. God Bless America was good but needed better execution.

DC is trying to make a Justice League movie
they've already written the script and only a week ago Ben Affleck turned down an offer to direct
right now they're planning to make Justice League movie come out at really close to the same time as Avengers 2
i predict that Avengers 2 will totally obliterate any kind of justice league movie at the box office
will you guys see a Justice League movie??

I absolutely adored Thor, thought it was great with only minimal amounts of cheesiness. Loved the tragic elements, extremely well done.

Watchmen movie was bland. Amazing book, boring movie other than Rorschach whom that one dude absolutely nailed.

The Avengers sucked ass. Fucking lame everything with good visuals. I don't understand the appeal, and I love Joss Whedon.

Sin City is still the high watermark for comic movies. Thor came close. Most others range from meh to fun for me.

Random musings of recent viewings:

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Fucking outstanding and highly recommended to anyone who enjoys theatre because it was more of a play than anything else. Unbelievably good, one of the best films I've seen all year.

The Thing (recent prequel)
Not a great movie, but they obviously played a load of attention to the Carpenter version, which is one of my favoUrite movies ever. Worth watching as a study companion to that, and the transition at the end was fucking cool. Otherwise kinda meh, but for that I loved it.

Bathory: Countess of Blood
Alternate history perhaps? Well done either way, this one portrays Lady Bathory as someone ahead of her time, not a monster at all really. Pretty good, although right after I watched this I tossed on Countess Dracula because I wanted some blood, tits, and murder. :worship:

The Town
Perfectly okay, but far too overdramatic at the end. I do like Affleck though, for whatever reason. Whatshercunt was good, isn't she some teen idol broad? The one that played the crackwhore. Well nobody does that as well as Dave Chapelle, but still.

The Fly (Cronenberg)
HOLY LIVING FUCK AMAZING. So sorry I waited this long to see it. Absolutely heartbreaking, I never thought Jeff Goldblum would make me cry (normally he just makes me poop).

The Ides of March
Well done political thang, not Syriana good, but nothing really is. I do like that Ryan Gosling dude, he can do this and Lars and the Real Doll, so I find him to be quite an actor. And so handsome as well... :oops:

God Bless America
Watch. This. Movie. NOW. I always will love Idiocracy, but it's not a great movie. In fact it kinda sucks, but the concept is so good I can't help but love it. This movie has just as great a concept, but executes it perfectly. I'm a pretty big fan of Bobcat's movies, they might not be perfect but they are visceral without being physically shocking. I like that. A lot.

Micmacs
Another great film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. I think my wife called this her favoUrite of his other than Amelie, but I'd put it somewhere in the middle below Delicatessen. What does that mean? It's a fucking fantastic film in every possible way.

Wouldn't be the first time the world and I saw things differently.

Yet, strangely enough, life continues.

with all the Tony Scott hoopla ... watched ENEMY OF THE STATE as I have never seen it and most pieces I read yesterday had it as one of his best flicks.

it was really freaking great ... tight cat and mouse flick ... with a whose who cast of up and comers ...