Movies

I watched an episode of X-Files the other day that had Jack Black in it. He got hit by lightning. I smiled.

Oh, I love obscure early roles by current stars. I saw Coyote Ugly a few months ago and coulda swore that Johnny Knoxville had a close-up as a bar patron.

i20vitelloni.jpg

Not a bad film, but I was expecting slightly better. I imagine that part of it was the age of the film has rendered certain parts of it to be dated, but the rest is fine. I can pretty much identify with the concept of a group of five friends living in a post-adolescent stupor in their small town wanting to get out but unable to do anything about it.

Requiem for a Dream.

Just got finished watching that. Crazy flick. I really enjoyed it. Very intense. The way the "strung out" scenes with the mom were shot was great.

On a side note, Jennifer Connelly may be one of the most gorgeous women in the universe.

Requiem for a Dream.

Just got finished watching that. Crazy flick. I really enjoyed it. Very intense. The way the "strung out" scenes with the mom were shot was great.

On a side note, Jennifer Connelly may be one of the most gorgeous women in the universe.

Yes, she is. The movie is fantastically done, but hardly rewatchable for me. It's just too darn depressing. Glad I saw it the once, though.

Yes, she is. The movie is fantastically done, but hardly rewatchable for me. It's just too darn depressing. Glad I saw it the once, though.

right on ... it was really disturbing ... once was enough.

i had to sit through Devil Wears Prada last night ... super chick flick, but somehow was ... meh, OK ... Meryl Streep kicked ass as usual.

Idiocracy

Had some funny parts and the idea is awesome, but the execution is pretty weak. I think Judge just got lucky with Office Space, since both of his cartoons are crap and this one pretty lame. All the controversy about Fox deciding to pull the plug is bunk. They pulled the plug because it's lame and would've bombed at the box office. Still, the idea is awesome (besides the blatant theft of tons of ideas from Futurama).

Children of Men... Towards the end, there's a 20+ minute scene done in a single take, no edits.

Kickassery to the ultimate maximus. I thought the trailer for this movie was lame, but man, it rocked me like my wheelchair-bound grandma. I MUST get the dvd asap.

About those long scenes:
The car scene (6 different takes merged)
Apartment building rescue (5 megerfed)

how'd they merge them? It was pretty seamless. There were no noticeable edits.

One more note on Idiocracy. The movie caters to the audience it mocks; not exactly a recipe for success. If it were a smart comedy about how stupid people are becoming, that'd be great. However, it relies almost completely on jokes that would appeal only to the idiotic society it is bashing. Dunno what Judge was thinking. It's like he's making a movie saying "Look, everyone's becoming dumber, and to prove that point, I'm making a dumb movie that will help you along the way". They even had this annoying voice-over explaining the most obvious, mundane details of the plot constantly. While that may have been meant to be ironic, it was just condescending and annoying for the most part.

Just finished viewing Saw III. This movie being my first experience with the Trilogy. It wasn't as bad as I expected. Nice little ending for a horror movie that caught me by surprised, yet made me wonder why I was so gullible not to figure it out on my own. Rumor has it that there's going to be a Part IV set for next October. The way things ended though, I can't see how they can pull it off without insulting everyone's intelligence. (Not that this genre is known for it or anything)

@ Jerry: Saw 3 is terrible compared to the first one - not that the first one is anything to write home about. Rent it and let us know what you think. I saw them in sequence and feel they go from bad to worst-movie-ever-made status.

@ Lurch: want to see this but the wife has pirated my Netflix account and filled it with shitty movies. That said, I now drive a 4x4 truck that gets like 15 mpg highway so I'm doing my part for the environment o_O

yeah, what I got out of the movie was ... walk, don't multiply, plant trees, and separate your trash ...

but all kidding aside the catastrophe that is upon us seems pretty imminent.