Movies

King Chaos said:
Is dancer in the dark the one where she doesnt want to wear the mask cos its crazy unnerving to her? thats sad :cry:

a the end of the movie? yes :cry: but in case i'm misunderstanding anyway it's the one where she's a czech woman with a son, they live in america, they're very poor, and she's almost blind.

I've just finished watching The Ring, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure how scary it was supposed to be; for the most part "horror" films don't do anything for me and I find them boring, but this was much better. I still feel slightly foolish for thinking that it ended about 5 or 10 minutes before the actual ending came though, heh.

I watched the romantic comedy "Alien vs. Predator" last night :q

Not surprisingly I thought what I thought I'd think of it.

Started out very well, developed well.. but then the cheesiness and the hollywoodness naturally kicked in and.... anyways, a lot of scenes were cool as fuck, at least.

Biggest complain, not enough Aliens vs. Predators action! >(

What rating has A v P got in the USA? Over hear I think its getting a PG.... Which puts me off very quickly... I want blood and gore in a movie where Aliens fight a predator and use humans as bate.

I saw Gothika last night (expected it to be really really bad) and even though It wasn't a very good movie it did have some very scary moments. Its much sicker than I thought and I would definately advise you see it if you are a hardened horror fan as you will probably get your kicks out of it. I sure did.

King Chaos said:
I saw Gothika last night (expected it to be really really bad) and even though It wasn't a very good movie it did have some very scary moments. Its much sicker than I thought and I would definately advise you see it if you are a hardened horror fan as you will probably get your kicks out of it. I sure did.

What exactly did you find scary about it?, the only part that i can think that could have been remotely scary was when the main character hacked her husband up with an axe (i can't remember the story line around it, but i remember laughing at it :p )

I've just noticed that Signs is on tomorrow night. Can people please tell me if it's worth watching, preferably without talking about plotlines until Sunday? :p

Signs didnt make much sense.

I saw AVP last night and I have to say it was decent. They showed more of the Predator's history (which I thought was interesting), but there was a certain cheese aspect as well like Mag said (which I didnt find interesting). I wont say anything more b/c ruining movies for people is a dickish thing to do ;).

Nick

OnyxDragon98 said:
What exactly did you find scary about it?, the only part that i can think that could have been remotely scary was when the main character hacked her husband up with an axe (i can't remember the story line around it, but i remember laughing at it :p )
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
Yeah, I found most of the scares pretty funny aswell. But it was little things for me like when you see the dead raped girl just randomly duck walking across the top of the hall. That was just freaky imagery. But when they were all in the shower I was freaked because it just looked wierd... she's standing there with a bunch of friggin psycho's, naked they're all rocking, murmuring and scratching themselves and then the ghost starts hacking sentences into Halle. Then finding at her husbands get away a bed with shackles on it covered in Shittin blood with a camera pointing at it. Rape just makes me sick.

King Chaos said:
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
Yeah, I found most of the scares pretty funny aswell. But it was little things for me like when you see the dead raped girl just randomly duck walking across the top of the hall. That was just freaky imagery. But when they were all in the shower I was freaked because it just looked wierd... she's standing there with a bunch of friggin psycho's, naked they're all rocking, murmuring and scratching themselves and then the ghost starts hacking sentences into Halle. Then finding at her husbands get away a bed with shackles on it covered in Shittin blood with a camera pointing at it. Rape just makes me sick.

Yeah, the movie is starting to come back to me now, and i can think of one more thing that freaked the shit outta me. In the beginning when she stops for a girl in the middle of the road, and when Halle taps on her back, she doesnt turn around, but when she walks around front, the girl lights up in flames and grabs Halle's face.

Out of the whole movie, that and just seeing the dead raped girl walking around on the camera screens freaked me out. I just found it to be a good movie anyways.

Last night I saw The bourne Supremacy. I didnt really enjoy it. The Director was trying to achieve something that just wasnt working at all. The editing was appauling and the composition of shots was rushed and too frantic to be enjoyed. The action might have been good if any clear narrative space was created, it was just like a montage of car crashes happening in random places at random times. I havnt even seen bourne Identity, which is not good. It took me a while to really understand the jist of the movie because of my lack of prequilidge.

The Bourne Identity was okay enough, as usual these days it was nothing special and the ending was a real anticlimax, but it was something to do for a couple of hours. I want to see The Bourne Supremacy too, just in case I find it interesting, but I'll probably just download it, won't bother going out to watch it.

Also, after going through the last 5 or so pages of this thread, I'm downloading The Day After Tomorrow, Equilibrium, 25th Hour, The Butterfly Effect, and also Donnie Darko because I've heard (= seen) loads of people go on about it and Bravo Two Zero because I've read the book and want to see what the film's like.

last movies ive watched:
king arthur- UGH. rant in the pop culture thread.

butterfly effect- surprisingly good, who knew the guy could act??

big lebowski- errrrrr

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind- pretty good actually, specially considering jim carrey was on it

and today ill watch one more night... or something like that?

@ VB: Eternal Sunshine was born supreme as it was churned from the mind of Charlie kauffman... hes the frickin man. One of the only powers in Hollywood that can make totally fucked up films that the industry doesn't piss all over and shelf.

Big Lebowski rules :D. I can get enough of it... soooo funny.

@ Rusty: You're gonna love Donnie Darko... it really is remarkable. Changed my life I think.

ya i love that movie the salton sea and donnie darko was awsome too. pooh bear in that movie is a great charecter in my opinion. but ya great movie.