Movies

Northern Viking said:
Ive watched "Elephant" a while back and I liked it a lot. It won the golden palm tree of Cannes in 2003, too. I havent seen it being advertised in the cinemas though.. so maybe no one else has seen it
I saw Elephant about a week ago and thought it was great too. The characters seemed very real, which was interesting considering the plot..

It's another movie that i knew nothing about before i watched it, i think that's a big key to really enjoying a movie to me.. to not actually know anything about it, no previews, no plot descriptions, not even knowing what genre the movie fits into... certainly no people talking about stupid stuff thinking they arent giving anything away (like with A Sixth Sense where i'd heard 20 trillion times "you'll never guess the twist at the end", which essentially ruined the movie for me.. ).. Unfortunately seeing a movie with no knowledge about it at all is fairly rare..

i just watched step into liquid...pretty good gave me a slightly different look at surfer.....it did have some awsome waves in it though. its a documentry i liked watching.

I watched:

Returner
Mmm, Takeshi. Hormones aside, I liked it a lot. At times it was slow-moving but it had quite an interesting storyline. Better than Hollywood sci-fi action.

Garfield
My friend and I snuck into the cinema for AVP but we had to wait for the next showing so we watched this in the meantime. I love Bill Murray, but why the hell was he involved in this?! Mediocre acting (well, the animals ruled), crappy script, cliched characters, ffs Garfield didn't even look like Garfield!

Raising Helen
Nope, didn't see AVP. Sat in for this and decided I liked it enough to forgo AVP. Predictable plot but well-acted. Guess I was in the right frame of mind for a semi-feel good movie.

This week I've seen (visited a local film festival);

One Po1nt 0
Kind of expected more of this film, it got me bit bored at some points. But it was still good, interesting in its own quiet, strange and paranoid way. I kind of liked the "sick" atmosphere, too.

Le Temps du Loup
Expected kind of more of this one aswell, but again I wasn't disappointed. This movie made me feel...sad, numb even, yet another and realistic view of life after a catastrophe.

The Last Horror Movie
Oh yes. Good stuff. Great stuff. Need to be watched home alone. He's teh lovely <3 Highly recommended.

The I Inside
Wow. Was actually surprised that this was so good. I think I would I have liked this film even more, if I hadn't seen Memento, which reminds this movie a bit. It was still great, even despite some Hollywood actors. Recommended.

The Yes Men
Oh. My. God. One of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen. It's a document actually, everything has happened for real, which makes this film even more hilarious and ridiculous. Crazy. How far can they go?? Love it. Gotta see it again. Highly recommended.

Super Size Me
I was probably waiting to see this document the most, and I surely wasn't disappointed after seeing it. It's good, funny but also frightening. Morgan himself was there with his wife, and told about making this film and answered audiences questions, which made the experience even better. I must admit that I don't feel eating anymore even the little fast food I eat every now and then :loco: Once again, recommended.

Reconstruction
What a strange movie. It was like a dream, so quiet too....Interesting nonetheless, tho I'm not a big fan of "love stories".

King of the Ants
I have to admit that I haven't seen for quite a while a film without complaining that there's not enough violence or brutality, if there is supposed to be some. Now I shut up. Good stuff again, maybe there could've been some more brutality for this girl's taste ^_^ Apparently there are many ways of using a golf club.

The Secret Glory
Despite the broken film machine, bad sounds at some points and pauses kept every now and then because of the broken machine, this was still a very interesting document. I have never been a big fan of war stuff, but I think I will borrow some WW films&documents from a friend now.

Dust Devil
This was good one aswell, it wasn't as scary as I expected, but the story was interesting and I liked the way this film was made. Stanley himself was there too and explained the making of this movie which apparently hadn't been the easiest thing, and he also told about others his movies/documents (e.g The Secret Glory).

Over, and out. :zzz:

I saw it in the theater last year but just got the DVD 'Frida' the true story of Mexican Artist Frida Kahlo - great movie its complex enduring political artistic and sexual plus watching Salma Hayek for all of the movie is a feast for the eyes -

i just watched garage days another good movie nothing special but a good rock band movie that has some humor to it and it doesn't make the band look/sound that great like so many of them do.

I saw Troy on sunday. It wasn't nearly as good as i expected, it was kinda crap in fact, and Orlando Bloom was so ugly that i was disgusted. I was hoping that he'd die but he didn't :bah:

Now i want to see The Last Horror Movie and The Yes Men, since Maria liked them so much :p

I FINALLY saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and it was FANTASTIC. I kid you not. I'd been wanting to see this for months, so my expectations snowballed and this film far exceeded them. It's original, moving and realistic on a slightly unrealistic level. Does that make sense? The acting was great. I can't recommend this movie enough. GO!

I also saw 13 Going On 30. It's not as good, but with a weaker premise and lesser actors (although Mark Ruffalo was in both... he seems to be in every bloody film I've seen this past year), what do you expect? Yet I enjoyed it and made me think about my inner child, who has great control over me. It has Hollywood stamped on it but in a nice homebaked muffinny way. The Thriller part had me bouncing on my couch :lol:

I watched Donnie Darko a few days ago for the first time. Gods that's weird. I don't particularly give a crap about a really deep meaning or life-changing experience like some people have said, for me it's just a great film.

Super Size Me is damn funny, and very interesting. Salads with sugar... hmm.

I saw the village last night. It has one really intense scene that's worth the £5 ticket fare alone! The film overall was good, probably Shyamalans best. Many twists and turns that will have most people scratching their heads then quickly finding flaws in the plot... but the twists are very surprising. I give it a thumbs up.

When I was on holiday I saw I,Robot. I thought it was brilliant. The adverts were just funny as hell, it was taking the piss with the converse thing. Will smith was just so fookin cool its unbelievable. Granted the special effects weren't always that great, but the action sequences really didn't suffer from that.

I agree that The Village is probably Shyamalan's best. Most people said that the main twist was dissapointing, but I loved it. When I was walking out of the theater everyone was complaining and saying they should get their money back. I already knew what one of the twists was, because I overheard people talking about it, so I was sort of expecting it to happen. But other than that, I was still surprised at many parts and thought it was pretty good.

idari said:
I want to see The Village because it's got Evanescence in it <3 Though then i'd just sing in the movie theatre so it might not be nice for other people o_O

???????????????????
I never saw or heard anything from that particular pop band... All the music was phillip Glass style minimalism... very atmospheric, Im not sure who actually did the music for this one, Glass did it on sixth sense I think. Probably the best thing about the movie was the sound track. It made un-scary visuals scary.

King Chaos said:
???????????????????
I never saw or heard anything from that particular pop band... All the music was phillip Glass style minimalism... very atmospheric, Im not sure who actually did the music for this one, Glass did it on sixth sense I think. Probably the best thing about the movie was the sound track. It made un-scary visuals scary.
Oh :guh: Well it's got an Evanescence song in the trailer/TV advert..Bah :p

Btw you should check the dream thread after i've posted :p

oh, i was positive it would make me cry, all disney cartoons make me cry, even though it's normally the first 20 minutes, not the end.

you know, this summer the vile commie i was trying to fuck said he was deeply struck by the fact that i appeared to have a penchant for crying as a consequence of happy-family scenarios like the one at the beginning of disney's "peter pan". i should have struck him in return, not necessarily deeply, but hard.

oh, and you should marry me and put an end to all these tragedies. we'll watch cartoons without crying, and even tell our kids that they shouldn't cry over them. maybe over us tho.

hyena said:
oh, and you should marry me and put an end to all these tragedies. we'll watch cartoons without crying, and even tell our kids that they shouldn't cry over them. maybe over us tho.
sounds good. and a nice plan to find someone who's willing to cry over us besides: let's create them. how clever.

you know i'm smart.

this said, i'll cease spamming this forum, and get some damned work done. i'm a liabilty to the international community at the moment.