Movies

afflicted4life said:
is there a connection between the song white noise/black silence and the movie white noise
I can't say for sure, but don't really think there is.

I watched "Resurrection of the Little Match-Girl" a few days ago with my friends. It's a huge-budget Korean action-movie with tons of game/movie/pop-culture -references, many of them humorously twisted ("she's like Lara Croft but lesbian"). Although the movie itself was way too long and tried to cover far too many styles, it was still quite a refreshing experience and had lots of excellent scenes (including the only chase-scene I have ever really liked in a movie - and it was all thanks to the brilliant taxi-driver). I recommend "Resurrection of the Little Match-Girl" to everyone who's bored with the typical (Hollywoodian) action-movies, but isn't afraid to see all the old clichees done in a new way.

To the Finns: There's one particular scene, where a guy kills a roomfull of people with Nylon Beat playing in the background - that alone should sell this movie to you. :D

-Villain

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
any Die Hard fans here? i love the movies <3 no more to say
only that Die Hard > Die Hard with a vengeance > Die Harder

yipee-ki-yay motherfucker!
this guy is wanderingblade trolling the forum.

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
only that Die Hard > Die Hard with a vengeance > Die Harder

yipee-ki-yay motherfucker!
Absolutely right. And why is Die Harder the least best? Well, Renny Harlin just couldn't resist fucking up another movie.
The first and last are really good action movies. Entertaining and funny. The second isn't bad...it's just a bit "meh".

hyena said:
this guy is wanderingblade trolling the forum.

No cigar.

Only seen Die Hard, but my gods it rules.

Most recently I watched Commando, pushing the watching figure up to near double figures in only a month of owning it.

I'm at in a slight quandry here at the moment. I want to see people dying, but I've watched Conan and Commando enough times recently. Guess its time to buy some new dvds...

I just came back from watching Alexander. Apart from the historical inaccuracies here and there, and the apparent gayness everywhere, i must say i really liked this film and was so hooked that the 3 hours passed like water.

@CoT: it didn't seem like that at all to me. Perhaps it was because i had the story in mind all the time and i really got into it, trying not to miss on any details. I really loved scenes like when the young Alexander rode Bucephalas, or the battle with the elephants.
To be honest, i was (and still am) a bit uncomfortable with Colin Farrell as Alexander, even though i like him a lot in general. I think he doesn't make a handsome and powerful enough Alexander, and he often had the ox-look (ie he looked retarded). But as time passes i get used to the idea and he doesn't look that bad..
Oh, and i loved the scene with Roxane. :p

@siren: In your opinion Is it better than King Arthur? King Arthur annoyed me alot. There was no attempt to make any of the characters likeable, nor did the story seem to go anywhere. At the end they unite for a common cause. The problem being The common cause is totally ambiguous. Or Im just an ass, and couldnt see it. The fights sucked too :p. So other than swords and sandles is Alexander similar to king Arthur?.

@KC: i couldn't tell, i haven't watched King Arthur, i'm sorry. :/
In Alexander the story starts from the death of Alexander and then goes on to highlight some of the most important parts of his life (from childhood to his death), as Ptolemeus is telling the story to the scribe, years after, to have it written down.
I found the way the director handled the relation Alexander had with many people -including his mother- quite interesting.
At some point i got confused cause there was a flashback, that appeared to be as some years "later" (at least in the greek subtitles, or just in my eyes :p), and i was like wtf for a few minutes.
But what i hated most was the inaccuracies, especially towards the end of the story (where his men didn't want to go on and the fight in India, seems to be a bit mixed up and makes him look like a jerk who gave up cause he lost, while he stopped because he listened to his men). And i wish there was a gordian knot scene. :/
I don't know if this is any helpful to you, but seeing as many people here didn't enjoy this movie, in case you decide to watch it i'd suggest you read a bit about Alexander's life beforehand, it might make it a more pleasant experience.

Siren said:
@KC: i couldn't tell, i haven't watched King Arthur, i'm sorry. :/
In Alexander the story starts from the death of Alexander and then goes on to highlight some of the most important parts of his life (from childhood to his death), as Ptolemeus is telling the story to the scribe, years after, to have it written down.
I found the way the director handled the relation Alexander had with many people -including his mother- quite interesting.
At some point i got confused cause there was a flashback, that appeared to be as some years "later" (at least in the greek subtitles, or just in my eyes :p), and i was like wtf for a few minutes.
But what i hated most was the inaccuracies, especially towards the end of the story (where his men didn't want to go on and the fight in India, seems to be a bit mixed up and makes him look like a jerk who gave up cause he lost, while he stopped because he listened to his men). And i wish there was a gordian knot scene. :/
I don't know if this is any helpful to you, but seeing as many people here didn't enjoy this movie, in case you decide to watch it i'd suggest you read a bit about Alexander's life beforehand, it might make it a more pleasant experience.

Ok, thanks for that. I'll check it out no doubt.

I've been meaning to watch Sleeping Bride for a couple of days now. I saw the beginning but was interupted. It looks awesome. Not scary yet though. Anyone seen it who knows if it gets creepy at any point?

I saw House Of Flying Daggers tonight.
Cant say anything to describe how it made me feel.
People talked it down before I saw it, so I guess that's one reason I adored it so.
Everything about this film was perfect.
I've never enjoyed a movie so much in my life.

The fact that the movie features Hugh Grant and some cute-looking woman is making me not want to see it, ever. Why did you like it?

Gtranquillity said:
Went to see Bridget Jones's Diary last night, and although I'm usually not into this kind of movies, I liked it.
Me neither but BJ 1 and 2 are indeed funny films. No profound messages in them but a nice way to spend 1 and ½ hours with a girlfriend and laugh your ass off. :tickled: