Movies

finally watched 'american psycho' and although it was not boring per se it was an awful rendition of the book. they missed the point completely. and i'm still wondering why in 2000 a lot of movies had david bowie's "something in the air" in the soundtrack.

I just watched Battly Royale (Bubu Royale :lol: ) and it's quite good. The idea is rather weird but I like what they make of it. It's still an action movie but for that it's quite deep. Thumbs up :)

:lol: @ "bubu royale".

i'm watching a few more movies this week. probably the next one will be "training day". is it any good?

good surprise for me tonight. i watched "barbarian invasions" (the original is in french, "les invasions barbares": it's a canadian movie) and really loved it. watch and report.

I was told along time ago that Ring 2 sucked. I watched it last night and thought it was insane! I love the Sci-fi twist they put on it, and the horror was superb in all places. It really hit the spot.

Im pre-ordering Phone off Amazon. Funnilly enough its UK release date is the same as Character. o_O
Im also picking me up a copy of requiem for a dream and Pi.

I watched a Series of Unfortunate Events today and it was so terrible, someone should invent a new adjective just to describe how terrible it was.

Team America... Fucking hilarious. I loved it. I laughed until it hurt. Their should be a health warning with it, I couldn't breath for most of the film. I just found the way the puppets moved to be totally hilarious, and also their expressions. The gags were generally of ultimate standard - and the sex scene - instant legend.
There's moments of dialogue in this movie that people will still be reciting in 50 years time... It'll probably still be funny aswell.

I bought Pie on DVD... probably gonna watch it tomorrow.

One Missed Call, finally! it was good but nothing will ever beat Ju On
it's a huuuuuge difference when you watch something on the theatres, rather than your crappy laptop

yesterday i saw on TV a film called "Demolition High" it sounded like "Die Hard in a high school" and in deed it was just like that. but the difference between Die Hard and Demolition High is large. because demolition high just plain sucks, the story is "ok", the actors suck, the music main theme sucks and the film just fucking sucks big donkey asses.

last night i was in the mood for easy entertainment, so i watched a movie called cocktail, featuring a very young tom cruise. silly but enjoyable. i'm trying to decide what to watch today - might be a two-movie day, since i really don't feel like going out.

I'm downloading Magnolia, hopefully featuring a serious, middle-aged Tom Cruise. It's taking ages (but at least I'm not paying for it!!!1).

Well whatever. :p I just wanted to make a distinct difference with the movie hyena mentioned...Magnolia isn't very silly as far as I know, but ok maybe Cruise himself isn't too serious in the film then even if the film is serious (which it is, as far as I know).
I thought he was around middle age, though...well, I guess not.

Anything goes as long as it's good.

Which is the better Requiem For A Dream, the director's cut or the original?
EDIT: I'm getting both anyway.

The film is 100% serious but 2 thirds of the movie portrait his character as comic relief of shorts so dont be immediatly put off by it, in the end however his character is perhaps the most deep and complex of them all.

ended up watching alexander. i'm not really sure about what i think of it. it's grandiose alright and oliver stone's direction turns out to be predictably ace. hopkins has only a small role but it's worth the while. on the other hand, colin farrell is - again predictably - quite bidimensional, which is probably the main reason why the movie lacks depth, its length notwithstanding. i'm sure that with a lead character with more personality the effect would be different: the dialogue is not that profound, but there are some good lines here and there and they should have been delivered with a bit more passion. you can't have an actor like farrell playing alexander the great - the whole concept of vision turns out to be way too emo, or at least way too emo for my liking. anyway, i cried. i always cry when generals rally large troops in movies. i get involved in the speeches. excess sensitivity. :p

i seriously doubt colin farrell has ever been in a good movie, or has ever made any movie better. it might have something to do with the fact that he can't act and his face is permanently stuck with an expression of pained stupidity.