Movies

see it its worth./best comic-movie ever

just watched jersey girl to fullfill my need for romantic comedies and to see jennifer lopez die:D
and during the movie the girl I had a date last week calls me!how romantic is this?
it seems that I had made a good impression on her

marduk1507 said:
@plintus: how long????? 211 minutes?!!! Fucking unbelievable! I still havent seen it! :yell: :erk:

Seems like I had too much that day :D It's actually 2 hours and 4 minutes long (I meant 2 hours 11 minutes total with previews/trailers before the feature).

Sorry about that :dopey: However, Rodriguez is going to shoot a sequel (at least, and triquel, probably, too, all at the same time).

There's an article in May's DIGIT Magazine about special effects and making of Sin City ;)

Blade:Trinity made me feel sleepy and I even turned it off in the middle to get back to working on something. Lame, boring and looks more like a TV flick. The second one was much better.

I watched Tillsammans on DVD. It's finally available at my local friendly video store, 8 miles away. Anyhow, it's a great movie done by the person who did Lilja 4-Ever and Fucking Åmål.

just watched der untergang, which is a movie about hitler's last days. i have mixed feelings. i had to match the film with a precise and visual idea i had about the story, drawn from Henri Ludwigg's book on the same subject (a book I now discover has been censored everywhere bar Italy and France, which sounds totally stupid since it's not even apologetic). it didn't match where i wanted, did almost everywhere else. probably the average viewer would find the movie long and boring - for me it was getting reacquainted with characters and a story i'd first got to know in my grandparents' basement, aged 13 and browsing through a shelf filled with old books. coincidentally, i re-read some parts of the book recently, when i got around to bringing it in my new home.

pf, i'm getting sentimental over a film about, of all things, hitler (no, i'm not a nazi). anyway: if you're into third reich history, you'll be hooked from minute one to the end. if you aren't, the movie won't change your attitude. it's a very specific taste.

@Hyena: sounds kinda interesting. I probably wouldn't like it though, as I'm not into that sort of history and such, but still, a good film is a good film. I'll keep my eye open for it. ;)

I watched Catch Me If You Can a couple of nights back. It was good. I actually didn't quite get why it opened with those three guys on the game show, I thought it was gonna come back to that at the end or something... bit nope... nada. Kinda stupid in that sense, but generally a fantastic story... the fact that it's based on true events makes it all the more splendid. I didn't want to punch Leonardo dicraprio in the face during this film, which means it must have been an alright performance from him.

The Holy Mountain: Jodorowsky gives you the ultimate surrealistic movie and at the end he gives you the most perfect example of how to approach such movies. A must see for anyone ever remotely interested on said genre.

Arch said:
I watched Tillsammans on DVD. It's finally available at my local friendly video store, 8 miles away. Anyhow, it's a great movie done by the person who did Lilja 4-Ever and Fucking Åmål.

Ah, Tillsammans is great! :)

I watched THE GRUDGE yesterday. Well, I wasn't too impressed and the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar was the main character was a minus from where I'm standing. The story and the idea itself are okay, but somehow it didn't get me completely. It had some great parts, some frames where awesome! The end was totally confusing..what is that?! The movies I've seen lately all end in a same way, meaning, very undefined. Is it a new desease or something?! I mean, will the movie be more mysterious that way..is that the point at all?! *shrugs* Anyways, nothing special..

I was just about to mention SAW! Now, that's a movie! Loved it... totally tense and the ending was just perfect! SAW is a must see, all that I'll say :)

Just watched Scarface for the very first time...a couple of days ago. Yeah I know I'm late... 1983 :err:

Always liked the 80s B series action flicks...but this one is pure classic.

"Fuck'em all! I bury those cock-a-roaches!"

originally posted by Misanthrope
The Holy Mountain: Jodorowsky gives you the ultimate surrealistic movie and at the end he gives you the most perfect example of how to approach such movies. A must see for anyone ever remotely interested on said genre.

Ive heard this name from you for the first time, but then today Ive seen it again, when reading the press conference Giger gave in Prague. They worked together on A.J.s project Dune some decades ago, but it never came to life, due to financial reasons. Well, those are two refferences I cant simply ignore, I really must check out this guys work. Thanks Misanthrope.

So I just saw Revenge of the sith. My brother fucking hated it, I loved it. It shocked me that we both had such a different take on it. I think it had pasion and a similar midichlorian level as the original three. It's bleak as all hell. It really was like an ending, with the prospect of a new begging, maybe (A new hope one could say). There was some twisted irony which I haven't seen in starwars before, but that was only really implied as an absolute soul crusher for the already crispy shread of what was left of Anakin. This may sound like Hyperbole but the last film that bummed me out like this was Requiem for a dream :lol: .

The interesting news is the advert that was on before it for stella artois. It comes up with the text title something like "A short french surrealist view on stella artois", and surely enough, in exactly the same style as Buneal and Dali came this awesome sketchy confusing advert. Besically three guys are sitting round a bottle of stella, one guy reaches for it and turns into an egg, then a hole appears in the egg and loads of ants crawl out (sound familiar). Then you get a shot of clouds floating past the moon (Sound familiar). Then the people sitting round the stella suddenly dissapear and there are only empty chairs in the garden. One of the chairs mysteriously toples over.

How in the hell are the general public supposed to notice the refrences and homages to Un chien andalou, and why would Stella market in this insanely obscure way? Great advert though, but most people in the cinema were just saying "What the fuck?" to each other.