Movies

So... do I congratulate British TV as an entity for having the good taste to show both OUATITW and Taxi Driver...

or do I rage agains them for putting them on at the same time?

Rage, yes. Definitley rage.

That said, Bronson and Fonda remain as great as ever.

Villain said:
The last three movies I have seen:

Howl's Moving Castle: After all the trouble I went through when I had to collect a list of 55 people before the local movie-theater bothered to show the version with the original voices intact instead of the Finnish dub, the movie itself was a small letdown. It is a very good romantic fantasy-anime with all the typical Studio Ghibli magical elements - but I'd just hoped it to be something more. Compared to the two previous movies by Hayao Miyazaki, it lacks the depth of Princess Mononoke and the enchantment of Spirited Away.

The Descent: A claustrophobic horror-movie. Very well made and with a great cast, probably one of the best movies in its genre. Yet, I've never been a big fan of horror.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence: Finally got to see this masterpiece on the big screen - and damn it looks and sounds great! Not only that, but the movie is extremely well directed and the exaggerated amount of (semi-)philosophical quotes from just about any person who ever wrote anything actually kind of fits the pondering style very well. I know some people hate the movie for its dialogue, but I found it equally amusing and thought-provoking at the same time. One of the best anime-movies I have ever seen and together with Oldboy the best movie I've seen this year. Sin City receives the third place.

-Villain

I so badly want to see those films. The fact that I haven't yet makes me feel shame. GitS 2 looks mind blowing. Despite not fully getting into the first one on watch one, the second time around I found it to be spectacular. Despite my once loathing of anime, this film made me into a believer. For some reaosn I'm not that excited about howls moving castle. Even though I love all the other ghibli movies.

And yes, Oldboy = the winner. You have the taste my man.

I watched Chronicles of Narnia, it fucking ruled. I hated the brats next to us who wouldn't stop talking and spoiling what comes next and making fun of whatever was said on screen, hope they die.

I hate that too. The movie seeing culture used to be so polite and quiet here, but recently the spoiled brats and popcorn and other stupid shit have been ruining it. Thank God I usually go to see club films where you cant see any spoiled brats, but sometimes some "people" simply cannot resist the urge to open their tasty whatever in the middle of the most breathtaking scene. Like when we went to see Der Untergang - The Goebbels were killing their children and behind us some silly cow was opening a candy bar - through the whole scene. I hope she died.

well, sorry to all the US posters, but the first time i watched a movie in America i couldn't believe my eyes/ears. with the exception of children, people normally are silent in european cinemas. the idea that adults would comment and participate left me more than slightly amused. :)

Yeah, I remember my shock when we went to see Amistad and two American "ladies" were sitting next to us - the first 30 minutes were horrible, they were commenting on and reacting to everything, but then the intensity of the film (probably) shut them up. They were disgusting.

nicholas cage's lord of war is a movie that could have been exceptionally good and turned out to be only moderately good. i was interested throughout the story and didn't even break for a smoke, which is a sound indicator of a decent movie. but it misses some pretty large opportunities (and i don't particularly like cage).

I thought Lord of War was really provocative, but I'd agree, it lacked a certain zest as a film...

tonight I saw King Kong. Was brilliant. Loads of errors, but generally just intensely good. Lots of good performances and for the second time ever I was actually not bothered that it was CGI... cos it was damn good CGI.

zoolander: probably i would have loved the humor from start to end had i been in an upbeat mood, but i was feeling pretty thoughtful so it didn't strike any particular chord. the david bowie cameo is a lot of fun, and it's not a bad film in general... only, watch it when you're lighthearted to start with.

yeah, the corporation is mighty good.

i can't believe i spent 7 euros and went out in the cold to see a history of violence. shite movie, beautiful mr. mortensen notwithstanding. idiotic, shallow, pointless and i can't see why it has been nominated for a golden globe. it's slow, nothing happens really, the dramatic shoot-out had everyone in the theatre laughing, and there's no message to speak of. and this was a david cronenberg movie. what is becoming of the world?

293d43e42f075e80d9c15ba72986af70.jpg

a few of my favourite movies:
Pi, Requiem for a Dream, Clockwork Orange, Equilibrium, Saw (still gotta see Saw2), Donnie Darko, Big Fish, American Histoy X, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Big Lebowski, Vidocq, Brotherhood of The Wolf, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Crow, The Butterfly Effect,...
well... I'll stop here :p

today I was out to watch Jarhead as a good ending finale of my holidays.
As an exsoldier I consider this film as an brilliant one, really realistic and honest characters and reactions. I dont know what people who never served think about it, dont expect warscenes or people dying and patriotism

I really enjoyed King Kong. I love Peter Jacksons stuff, do you guys think he has a lot effect on the outcome of the movie or were the Lord of the Rings just coincidence? If he really is that good, what other movies has he directed?

I'm back!

Last week or so i watched a film called "May". I loved it. Great for hemophiliacs ;) and lovers of weird stuff.

Then on friday i went to bed at like 3am watching "Sense and sensibility" for the second time (another movie that i love), on saturday i watched "Girl, interrupted" for the second time (one of my favorite films), and on sunday i watched "Narnia" (it was alright... especially the actress who plays Susan ;)).