Mr. V, some questions about the new album please!

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I have two questions if you would be so kind and answer them I would appreciate it greatly!!!!

First, who created the drum arrangements for the new album, you or Benny? I think they are the best Vintersorg has ever had! I never imagined Asgeir could be topped, but they are just so fresh and unique!!!

Second, what kind of amp did you record out of? The guitar tone on this album is unbelievable, and lately I've been searching for a guitar amp. If you don't want to share exactly what kind of amp, I would at least appreciate some tips about the amp, specifications maybe?

Thanks a lot for this album! It's brought me so much happiness in the time that I've had it!

-Steve

I've been asking about the drums for at least a month now and no luck. :O Where the hell is mr. V anyway? He hasn't been on in ages now... :/

Are the drums real or programmed?

That's what I've been wondering. They sound so damn good and I agree with Karpsmom, they're great. But since no drummer is credited in the booklet, I've been wondering if mr. V programmed them himself, or did they perhaps just forget to put a drummer credit into the booklet?

www.vintersorganic.com said:
We'll record the drums and bass during summer, this time our live session drummer Benny Hagglund will be performing with us.
i wonder how they forgot the mention him in the booklet :/

some of the drums sound programmed and other parts sound real. From what I can tell it sounds like Bennys drumming though. Awesome. I still like asgier better though.

hum... he just said the drums on fission are bad...?

they're nothing extravagant, but they add something at the right places

anyway, thx for puking on my comment, appreciate it :Smug:

The drums on Solens Rötter are 100% programmed. We simply ran out of time to have Benny behind the drums, and mr V had allready programmed drums in the pre-prod stage.. so, there ends all speculations regarding this =)

Also, i'd like to apologize on the behalf of mr V and myself for the lack of updates and news on the V-site and here on the forum.. There's just been too much going on for both of us these last months in all kinds of areas.. Hopefully that will change for the better soon.

The drums on Solens Rötter are 100% programmed. We simply ran out of time to have Benny behind the drums, and mr V had allready programmed drums in the pre-prod stage.. so, there ends all speculations regarding this =)

Also, i'd like to apologize on the behalf of mr V and myself for the lack of updates and news on the V-site and here on the forum.. There's just been too much going on for both of us these last months in all kinds of areas.. Hopefully that will change for the better soon.

Thought so. Thanks for stopping by and clearing up this matter for us:)

Wow, this simply verifies my belief that Mr. V is the GREATEST DRUM PROGRAMMER EVER! THE DRUMS SOUND SO AMAZING, THE DRUM ARRANGEMENTS ARE BRILLIANT. The samples chosen sound so organic. It's brilliant.

Wow, this simply verifies my belief that Mr. V is the GREATEST DRUM PROGRAMMER EVER! THE DRUMS SOUND SO AMAZING, THE DRUM ARRANGEMENTS ARE BRILLIANT. The samples chosen sound so organic. It's brilliant.

Thanks for that! We had the intention to let Benny do record drums but as Mattias said the timing was not perfect. Still we're satisfied how things turned out and that's whats counts for us.

Sorry for my long silence here, but I've been very occupied completing the Waterclime album, working on Cronian and have been totally buried in my stdies.

mr V

Sorry for my long silence here, but I've been very occupied completing the Waterclime album, working on Cronian and have been totally buried in my stdies.

mr V

yeeeeeeeeeesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he is still alive and still working for us :worship:
this is what i was interested in :lol::heh:

Vintersorg said:
Thanks for that! We had the intention to let Benny do record drums but as Mattias said the timing was not perfect. Still we're satisfied how things turned out and that's whats counts for us.

mr V
that's awesome, thanks for the little update! take your time with the new Waterclime, if it's gonna be such a masterpiece as The Astral Factor, than I can proudly say that Waterclime is my favorite of all your bands, no kidding.
good luck with your studies as well ;)