Some thoughts of Mr. V!

I didn't want to spoil everybodys hopes for a DVD. I would want to have one myself and I suspect that maybe we were thinking of two different things here. For sure you can look at the recorded material afterwards and decide to release it. As a bonus DVD how you can often get them nowadays for example.
What I had in mind was "the real thing" (the wish is father to the thought :D ). I believe you cannot actually plan to record a show at WOA to release it. Neither in general (e.g. you cannot forsee how the weather's gonna be) nor in this particular case (Bork) because the set's gonna be way too short. A 45 min set as a foundation of a sole DVD? Some will argue it's better than nothing but let's face it, folk is going to complain.

I think I agree with you on this one. As much as I enjoyed the Bloodbath live cd with a bonus DVD (which is what it was) I can't imagine something else than a proper DVD with either Borknagar or V (preferably both :)).
If anyone here has seen My Dying Bride's "An Ode To Woe" you will have a good example of how each and every band is cramming out live-record with a bonus DVD. In the case of MDB, the DVD sucked big time.
And as you say, a 45 minute set is way too short. But perhaps a recording of the Wacken-show could be feautred as a bonus on the DVD or something like that? Hrm... I realize I rambling now, I will stop before the alcohol takes a hold of me completly.

I didn't want to spoil everybodys hopes for a DVD. I would want to have one myself and I suspect that maybe we were thinking of two different things here. For sure you can look at the recorded material afterwards and decide to release it. As a bonus DVD how you can often get them nowadays for example.
What I had in mind was "the real thing" (the wish is father to the thought :D ). I believe you cannot actually plan to record a show at WOA to release it. Neither in general (e.g. you cannot forsee how the weather's gonna be) nor in this particular case (Bork) because the set's gonna be way too short. A 45 min set as a foundation of a sole DVD? Some will argue it's better than nothing but let's face it, folk is going to complain.

Did I miss something? V isn't disbanded yet so one day you might see them as well :)

Yeah it's true, a 45 min. concert won't certainly do it. If it's that short, then it'd be better to include as a bonus live DVD (Blu-Ray? :p ) on the new album.

And I don't think Mr.V will play live again, at least not soon. Still, never say never.

respect to italian festival, which are littler, i found wacken very relaxing :lol:
i mean, good atmosphere, nice people, perfect organization....
and people is not rough as in italy....
if you wanna go under the stage you can easily reach the first or second line without beating anyone :lol:
here you cannot dream to reach the first lines without letting hundreds of corpses behind you... no one will let you to pass....
i've seen the difference especially with big bands, i reached the second line for motorhead at wacken with no problems, i was able also to eat something confortably....

OT: I'm sorry to say that but Wacken is changed a bit in the last years.. Yes, it's still perfectly organized and all, no problems for food and drinks and with people in general, but now there are around (or more than) 75,000 people and it's not so easy anymore to reach the first rows because people don't let you pass so easily anymore, it's more like any other festival from that point of view. I've beed there in 2004 and it was as you said, in 2006 was already different and last summer was too crowded, you had to fight already to stay near the mixers with every band..

OT: I'm sorry to say that but Wacken is changed a bit in the last years.. Yes, it's still perfectly organized and all, no problems for food and drinks and with people in general, but now there are around (or more than) 75,000 people and it's not so easy anymore to reach the first rows because people don't let you pass so easily anymore, it's more like any other festival from that point of view. I've beed there in 2004 and it was as you said, in 2006 was already different and last summer was too crowded, you had to fight already to stay near the mixers with every band..

ciao simone!!!!! :)
see who we have again on this forum!!!!!!!!

yes i know the situation is a bit changed in years.
i was there in 2001 and 2002, there was still a lot of people, compared to the festival i was used to, but not so many as in the last few years.
but i suppose it is not a matter of crowd. in general i think german fans are a little bit less overexcited than italian fans, they push lesser, they headbang lesser... sometimes i found more chaos, and got livids, also at little concerts held in pubs or clubs, where there were only 100 or 200 persons.

ciao simone!!!!! :)
see who we have again on this forum!!!!!!!!

yes i know the situation is a bit changed in years.
i was there in 2001 and 2002, there was still a lot of people, compared to the festival i was used to, but not so many as in the last few years.
but i suppose it is not a matter of crowd. in general i think german fans are a little bit less overexcited than italian fans, they push lesser, they headbang lesser... sometimes i found more chaos, and got livids, also at little concerts held in pubs or clubs, where there were only 100 or 200 persons.

Yep, some free time :) But I always read it!
Yes, germans have a way to see festivals different from anyone else. They took not as a place where to see many bands but a place where to meet other people and have a big party. They almost don't care about whose plays, maybe they watch only one or two band and spend the rest of the time having fun around the festival area. You can clearly see it in the camping area, you immediatly spot germans because they don't have only their tents, they have almost an house!!!

Yep, some free time :) But I always read it!
Yes, germans have a way to see festivals different from anyone else. They took not as a place where to see many bands but a place where to meet other people and have a big party. They almost don't care about whose plays, maybe they watch only one or two band and spend the rest of the time having fun around the festival area. You can clearly see it in the camping area, you immediatly spot germans because they don't have only their tents, they have almost an house!!!

yes, germans are really well organized!
they bring campers with verandas, sometimes also tables and chairs, and i've seen some people also who brought a sofa :lol:
really mad, but funny!
maybe they have this kind of behaviour, to have fun and meet people more than to follow the concerts, just because they have so many festivals....and they have a bigger choice, so probably they are able to do three or four festival during a summer.
here, as you know, there are only 2 big festivals, gods of metal and evolution, and if i'm able to see only one festival be sure i will be very focused on groups...we also don't have so many stands, merchandise, and interesting things to do more than watching the show itself

Let's...not speculate on that :)

ooookey
timid.gif