Multimedia?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
We're looking at making a lot more multimedia/downloadables available on the upcoming new version of the website..what would you want if you could choose? Screen savers? Desktop themes? Wallpapers? Slide shows? Any other ideas?

Yeah, DtT's and Wall paper are good.
Will sounds be included with the DtT's? I don't mind giving you a hand with the sounds since I have a few cool packages for editing sound files.

I don't use them myself, but sheet music and tabs are always a good addition, especially with musicianship as hot as this.
I don't mind having a go at tabbing some of them myself, but it'll take a while since I'm quite busy, and when I'm not, I like to browse the forums.

If the guys do want to tab songs, tell them to download PowerTab. It's neat for doing tabs, and you can write standard notation then it'll convert it to tab!

Well, I'd like to clarify one thing... We don't have Desktop Themes yet, not until I can find a program that will allow me to create them, however we will have screensavers, and yes these SS do have audio clips. :)
As for the tabs, already on top of that ;)
We used to have tabs for a few songs from the first CD that were done in Guitar Pro 3, however, I've already converted over to PowerTab, and should have most of them completed by the time the CD comes out. Because my schedule keeps me so busy, it's hard to stay on top of them all of the time, but I will do my best to have as many as possible by then.

:)

Dave

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
Well, I'd like to clarify one thing... We don't have Desktop Themes yet

Yet..I figure between the two of us, we can get something put together, though. ;)

Or we could always put Herring to work.. *laughs & hides from Chris*

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
If anyone does search on www.cnet.com for software to author DtT's, search for "Theme Editors & Tools".

I'll go take a peek, Lee, thanks!!

Would it be ok to submit one myself if I knock one up?

You bet!! We'd love to have stuff the fans have done up on the site. There are a couple of graphics on the Friends page that were done by fans, it'd be great to have more stuff to add! :)

Ok, thanks! I'll need to, ahem, appropriate some graphics from the band's official site, if that's ok?

I'll post here when I've got one I think looks ok, but it's my first attempt, so I won't pretend to be a dab-hand at this sort of thing.

But thanks for letting me do it!

Ok, thanks! I'll need to, ahem, appropriate some graphics from the band's official site, if that's ok?

Shouldn't be a problem..Dave? Chris?

Have fun with it, Lee..I love seeing what other people do with PofO's graphics, especially the oracle symbol, since I've spent almost 5 years tweaking it in various ways for the site. :lol:

Yeah, I think that would be great!!! :)

If anyone ever wants to contribute ANYTHING, I'm all for it!!!

OK...now to clarify and correct something I said earlier on a post above.... We now have at least one...Desktop Theme created.... :lol:
Thanks Lee for the link...I found allot of very cool Theme programs.

Dave

WooHoo, awesome, Dave!!! Which program did you like best? I haven't gone & picked through them all yet..any recommendations?

Can't wait to see what you came up with :)

So far the ones that I've used are:

Create-a-Theme 98 (Very simple to use, and the best so far)
Theme Studio 99 (Good, but had a few probs with)
IconCool Editor (Very cool program for making icons)
&
SkinStudio XP (I'm still trying to figure this one out.. :lol: )

~D

A rather intelligent lady came up with a good idea: a PofO Winamp skin!

Dave made one of those, I have it on my Winamp & it looks great! It'll be available on the site as soon as it's redone..

Jax<--back to work getting the site redone!

I know what that's like, Jax. I've recently finished my band's site, which has taken a lot of work (it's a vast improvement on the old one, who's link is in my quote).
We just need to settle upon a name, finalise a logo, then we'll register a domain and get it 'live'.

Good luck with it......and get that winamp skin available, dammit!! ;)

It's funny to look back 5 years to when the site consisted of about 8 pages & maybe a dozen images..my goodness how things change (and become more and more work!). It's all good though, growth is a very good sign when it comes to a band. :) Good luck with yours..do you guys have a group of names you're choosing from, or is it totally up for grabs right now?

Jax<--really getting back to work now, honest :)

At the moment, it's pretty much up for grabs. We've settled upon about 5 or 6 names at various times, and always ended up disliking them.
The working title has been LAPD, because it was the original 4 members christian name initials (lee, adrian, phil and dan). I spend countless hours hoping we don't end up with that. And I bet our singer does, too, since his name is nowhere to be found in that one.

If you have any GREAT band names going spare, I'd be very grateful :lol: