Music Downloading and his consequences

Downloading:These matters has been discussed many times before and I don't want to spend more time on the subject. The only thing I feel is important to understand is that you can't get everything in life for free. It feel like that the modern society has become like that, people get uppset if they don't get it for free....

mr V

I've met a lot of bands because I download music and I still do and meet more bands every day. But I also LOVE getting cds, I get 1 per week of per 2 weeks, in fact, I'd love to have every album of every band I like, but that would be too expensive haha. The point is I download music and I buy music too.

Downloading:These matters has been discussed many times before and I don't want to spend more time on the subject. The only thing I feel is important to understand is that you can't get everything in life for free. It feel like that the modern society has become like that, people get uppset if they don't get it for free....

mr V

I think people would have been much more supportive of artist if cd prices weren't so incredibly high...I pay in average 23 dollars at best for a cd that would cost 14-17 dollars in europe or the US.It's not really fair is it?

I think people would have been much more supportive of artist if cd prices weren't so incredibly high...I pay in average 23 dollars at best for a cd that would cost 14-17 dollars in europe or the US.It's not really fair is it?

SHOO! SHOO! BACK IN TO THE SWANO FORUM WITH YOU! My Vintersorg forum MIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!

/hits you with a rolled up newspaper

SHOO! SHOO! BACK IN TO THE SWANO FORUM WITH YOU! My Vintersorg forum MIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!

/hits you with a rolled up newspaper

I'm not blaming the artists...I'm blaming the labels, the cutsoms and the music stores for shooting up the music prices so unbelievably high, resulting in more people who turn to means of download or cheap illegal cd's.when the illegal cd's here cost more or less like the original cd's in south America.
It's very discouraging.

and I'm not leaving here
I love Mr V more than I love sex...:saint:

ok maybe not more than sex :erk: but almost as much :loco:

I'm not blaming the artists...I'm blaming the labels, the cutsoms and the music stores for shooting up the music prices so unbelievably high, resulting in more people who turn to means of download or cheap illegal cd's.when the illegal cd's here cost more or less like the original cd's in south America.
It's very discouraging.

and I'm not leaving here
I love Mr V more than I love sex...:saint:

ok maybe not more than sex :erk: but almost as much :loco:

man, if Mr V spends weeks after weeks working on a new album, talking and "trading" with the label, going to studio ,recording, etc (all that involve to release a CD) ONLY TO A #@~¬#|¬~€ downloads the album? all the Mr V's work throwed to trash...

I'm agree with downloads if you use it to know bands and after the download you buy the CD if you liked, but if you download gb's and gb's only for downloading... you`re wrong man... you`re betraying to all your supposed "fav artists"

I buy a lot... I buy all that I Can to support my favourite bands... when Solens Rötter will be released I´ll be the first guy in the music store to buy my CD... it´s my way to support Vintersorg and all my favourite bands (I live too far from them to go to the concerts)

man, if Mr V spends weeks after weeks working on a new album, talking and "trading" with the label, going to studio ,recording, etc (all that involve to release a CD) ONLY TO A #@~¬#|¬~€ downloads the album? all the Mr V's work throwed to trash...

I'm agree with downloads if you use it to know bands and after the download you buy the CD if you liked, but if you download gb's and gb's only for downloading... you`re wrong man... you`re betraying to all your supposed "fav artists"

I buy a lot... I buy all that I Can to support my favourite bands... when Solens Rötter will be released I´ll be the first guy in the music store to buy my CD... it´s my way to support Vintersorg and all my favourite bands (I live too far from them to go to the concerts)

man don't get me wrong...that's exactly what I do
I download and then I buy what I can find despite the steep prices( I own all Vintersorg cd's except hedniskhjärtad and I own Empiricism and Epic by Borknagar)
I was complaining about the fact that in Israel, wages are low and consequently so are prices of everything except music and that's...not to talk about having barely any import of extreme metal and if so...you get even a steeper price for private import.
I couldn't find Borknagar's Epic and when I did find it...it cost me 25$ and that's not cool.

now with prices like these...it really hurts your pocket to support the bands that you like and by no way this is the bands' fault.

If it wasnt for downloading I wouldnt have listened to music at all, I usually get a few tracks from a band before I fork out hard cash, Vintersorg Borkngar and Otyg are some of the bands I refuse to download and have no problem paying riduculous import priced like 37 bucks for me they are something I like to collect, hence I don't own Mr V's first album and all the Otyg albums as I havent been able to find them but still I'm not going to download em./

I download a lot.

I buy as much as I can afford.

I certainly won't let a money issue keep me from enjoying whats most important for me in life : music.

And again, I buy as much as I can afford.

And for metal-archives, I got to know a lot of good bands by that website. I don't see anything wrong with this.

I download a fair bit, but I am picky with what I download. I especially like to look out for deleted demos and EP's which are no longer pressed.

Like Alec though, I buy as much as I can. Yes, I did download the Vintersorg discography, but I also now own every album.

I find downloading to be a "precursor" to owning the recordings. Yes, all I care about is the music, but I also want the photographs, linear notes, artwork and lyrics. I like physical copies of my music, not just digital.

As for Metal Archives, the site rocks.

I usually have a good laugh at the retards who download everything from one artist, listen to it in a week and then tell people the band sucks. I mean seriously you can't listen to someones lifes work in week.

For me it's gotten to a point where I don't really need to download. For some of my favorite bands they have consistently proven to release quality releases that I do not need to download the album. In fact I usually wait until I have the album to hear anything from a new album. It’s much better that way.

In other cases bands and labels have become wiser with the surge of mp3s and offer samples on their websites. Hell even the end records mail-order offers one minute samples for most of the new albums they get in stock. I remember for the release of The Focusing Blur a medley was available for download which gave some insights on numerous songs for the album.

So for me, downloading just isn't necessary.

^ Thats how Vintersorgs music is with me, I don't need to download it I know its going to be quality, so I buy it on the release date on day 1, and I got all the albums this way.

man don't get me wrong...that's exactly what I do
I download and then I buy what I can find despite the steep prices( I own all Vintersorg cd's except hedniskhjärtad and I own Empiricism and Epic by Borknagar)
I was complaining about the fact that in Israel, wages are low and consequently so are prices of everything except music and that's...not to talk about having barely any import of extreme metal and if so...you get even a steeper price for private import.
I couldn't find Borknagar's Epic and when I did find it...it cost me 25$ and that's not cool.

now with prices like these...it really hurts your pocket to support the bands that you like and by no way this is the bands' fault.

Just wanna say thts pretty much the same price i have to pay for it, in Sweden. Its really expensive here cos of taxes:( Pretty much everything is, not only cds.

Just wanna say thts pretty much the same price i have to pay for it, in Sweden. Its really expensive here cos of taxes:( Pretty much everything is, not only cds.

I know that...my parents went to Sweden in 2005 and they told me the prices are pretty high for everything...but people in sweden make more money too.
In Israel everything is cheap except music.

Your right, but im a 15 year old kid and the only money i get is from my parents:/ So buying cds is extremely expensive for me, especially when theres other stuff i need to buy too.

Obivously none of you have ever been to Ireland :lol: The taxes here are so high that when the Wii was released we had a different price to the rest of Europe.

Downloading music is wonderful- they let you discover new bands, this is how I meet good bands which i listen and own albums on.

Burning down churces and starting satanic groups because of music is a serious sign that they are not capable of listening to whatever they are. Surely, everyone has some ethnics. Even without the social contsrains, I find it hard to imagine myself ever getting into such a situation; I find it is pure idiotic. Diversity!